August 2013 Weddings

HI! :)

My Fi; Josh and I just pushed our wedding date back from August 2012 to August 31, 2013. I've been pretty active on the DIY board for about a year now and am sad that we won't have our wedding on our original date but I'm glad that I now will have the chance to celebrate with you lovely ladies and have the time to make sure every thing will be perfect for our special day.

Just to let you know, you can check out most of my and Josh's story is in our bio.

Happy Planning!
Jekka

Re: HI! :)

• Hi Josh and Jekka. Do not worry, I think you have reasons for pushing back your wedding date. In any case it gives you more time to plan the most perfect wedding ever. My wedding is on the 24th August, 2013. I was a bit disappointed that it was too far until I joined this site. My, so much planning to do!!

All the best.
  • Hi,
    Jekka I will totally be looking up your DIY stuff. And I agree Bonny there's soo much stuff to do, I feel that with 19months we *might* be able to accomplish it all.

We picked a date so far in advance because his family has certain traditions. While we've been together since  07 he only moved in in march of 11, march of 12 we can announce our engagement "officially" because his family says we have to live together for a year, and then we have to be engaged for a year before the wedding. We chose August because its the month we first got together, I chose the 30th because I love late summer (good weather in oregon) and everything in my side of the family is even numbers, birthdates, anniversarys, etc.. it was never planned that way, just alway ended up happening. So I'd like to keep that tradition going.

I hope to get to know you all
    Shan
    Insert random message here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards