New Hampshire
Options

Is your Mom coming to your bachelorette party??

Do mom's come to bachelorette parties? 

I think my would like to come but i'm not sure if she knows what she's in for!!  I absolutely want my mom to be involved any way that she can, but i don't want to overwhelm her with the craziness that is being planned.

Advice?

Re: Is your Mom coming to your bachelorette party??

• Options
    EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Mom is definitely coming, so is FMIL and several aunts! I want all of the important women in my life to be a part of it and we still plan on having a wild time!
    TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it absolutely depends on the relationship you have with your Mom. My Mom showed up at my house along with one of her best friends, my sister (MOH), and BM. I had no idea what to think of that. Mom wanted to be there to see all of the girls, watch me open my gifts, and see my reaction to the stretch Hummer but she did NOT go out in Boston with us. I would not have been comfortable with that - neither would she.

If you want her included then make sure you let it be known. As a guest of the party that might make me uncomfortable but it is not about your guests - it is your night. :)

Def let Mom know what she is in for!

GL!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't really know for sure, but it's a possibility, depending on what we do.  I have a feeling my bachelorette is going to be more laid back since my MOH & one BM don't drink.  So we might do a day at the spa and my mom might want to come.  I'm ok with that because we have a good relationship.  I agree with Gabs, I think it depends and is totally up to you!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    JessnJamesNHJessnJamesNH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely!!! I want my mother and my mother in law to be a part of the party. They are some of the funniest ladies I know. I can't wait to see them trying to pole dance. What a riot!  Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello,

I had 2 parties....

The first one was overnight with all the craziness and that was just my bridesmaids and very close friends.

The second one was local and more tame that my mom, some of her friends that I am close with and some of my co-workers went to.

I also felt weird but when I talked to my mom she said she did not want to go to the first one but was happy to be able to do something with me later :)

Good luck!
    ~ Kelly
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards