Rhode Island

Sandals Review...Where did you go and whats your review?

Rooms, Service, Food, anything would be amazing.  We are completely stuck!  Thanks so much :)

Re: Sandals Review...Where did you go and whats your review?

• edited December 2011
    We went to the one in Antigua and it's absolutely beautiful! The grounds at the resort are just unreal and so romantic! We just came back from our honeymoon on the 22nd of January (We got married in October). The people are so friendly and very accommodating.

The food was good, but nothing to brag about. Our favorite there was Eleanors...it was amazing. Barefoot is right on the beach and really nice for lunch, but the nightly atmosphere at Barefoot is so romantic. You're next to the ocean, on the beach surrounded by candles. We also did the private dinner and I don't think it was worth $180. They basically served us the same food that they serve at the restaurants on the resorts. Stick with the restaurants on the resorts and save yourself $180.

There is no room service unless you get butler service. We decided not to do the butler service. You could easily go to any of the restaurants and have your meal to go if need be. We did book a concierge room with an ocean view, which came with a fully stocked mini bar...we barely used it.

The beach is a little narrow, but long. The main pool there is huge and really beautiful. Plus, there is a swim up bar which was a huge plus. :) If you do go to Sandals Grande Antigua during the busy season, you may need to get up early in the morning to claim lounge chairs at the pool or beach. It gets packed fast and you will be left without a seat if the resort is completely booked. The resort was booked when we went and we got out of bed at 7 or before 7 every moning to claim seating either at the beach or pool. All you need to do is place a towel, beach bag, book, or something that is not valuable on the chair, then you can go back to your room or get breakfast. Everyone did this. No real biggie. 

The only down fall with this resort is the mosquitoes at night...they are pretty vicious. Make sure you bring some off with you or you can buy it there at the resort store. Also make sure you buy some Mosquito spray for your clothing (you can find this at REI)...they will bite through your clothing.  I

If this isn't enough, check out Trip Advisor. They had a boat load of information about all of the Sandals. Please do ignore the bitter reviews listed there. I was worried after reading some of their negative reviews, but I am glad they were 100% untrue. I had a blast and a memorable time with husband. I don't think you will be disappointed if you choose Antigua. 

Hope this helps. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards