Florida-South Florida
Options

Courthouse wedding-Need suggestions for restaurant to host "reception" lunch/dinner for 5

Hi everyone! After 7 long years, my fiance and I will get married next year on our 8th year anniversary of dating. We want to do something simple and inexpensive since we don't care for grand weddings, and I've been married before anyways. We want to get married on a weekday at the courthouse and either have a celebration/reception dinner that night or a lunch or dinner on the weekend.

We average that we will have about 50 of our immediate family and close friends attending. So far I've looked at just about everywhere online and haven't found a place I'm 100% happy with. We live in the Kendall area as does the majority of the ppl attending the lunch/dinner. We don't really want to go north past the Hialeah area and nothing past south of The Falls. We don't mind the downtown, Key Biscayne or South Beach area.

We went to the Aero Squadron and like their ballroom, but aren't thrilled about the food. That will be where we book as a last resort. We might go check out Perricone's next week, but I already dislike that there's a parking fee plus have read some review's that I don't like. Rusty Pelican is just a tad more than what we'd like to pay....

I'm looking for a restaurant that is economical, has good tasting food, has an option for open bar, and that of course I can bring stuff to add to the tables like flowers and party favors. An option to provide the cake or for us to bring the cake is a must as well.

I feel that I can't even pick out my dress until I figure out if we are doing a lunch thing or a dinner thing. Any suggestions? Please help, I'm going mad doing this!!! Cry

Re: Courthouse wedding-Need suggestions for restaurant to host "reception" lunch/dinner for 5

• Options
    Have you eaten at the Aero Squadron??  If you haven't, I suggest you try it first.  I was thinking of booking it, but had a meal there recently which quickly changed my mind.  I'll try to think of some places you could consider.  My advice though....try it first.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_courthouse-wedding-need-suggestions-for-restaurant-to-host-reception-lunchdinner-for-50-ppl-pls-help-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:4213eae8-3add-4b75-8c98-6866c5107d84Post:bf736ec0-4e79-402e-a90c-94edf7bfed1f">Re: Courthouse wedding-Need suggestions for restaurant to host "reception" lunch/dinner for 50 ppl. Pls help me!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you eaten at the Aero Squadron??  If you haven't, I suggest you try it first.  I was thinking of booking it, but had a meal there recently which quickly changed my mind.  I'll try to think of some places you could consider.  My advice though....try it first.
    Posted by sandrakari[/QUOTE]

Yes, we went for the lunch buffet just to check it out before we inquired about the wedding packages and we weren't please at all. I honestly wouldn't go there again to eat in the future. :(
  • Options
    abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment

Here are a couple of recommendations:

Angelique's Euro Cafe on Miracle Mile
    The Chart House in Coconut Grove

Good luck!

• Options
    I was going to suggest Perricone's. Their food is amazing, the prices are very reasonable, and the staff will go above and beyond for you.

The only downside is that if you have less than 70 people, you are automatically given semi-private dining instead of a space for your group (according to their site).

Maybe since it's a weekday they can make an exception?

Good luck!
    SoFla July Siggy - Our 1st Picture Together <3<br> Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're going with the 660 resturant at Angler's Boutique Resort.  They have good reviews and good pricing too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nov. SoFla Siggy -Fav. Registry Item- Kitchen Aid from my BP!
  • Options
    Red Fish Grill, Crazy About You, perhaps Soyka....I'll try to think of some others.
  • Options
    Check out Soyka, Red Fish Grill, Chart House, Dolores, but you can call me Lolita, and La Bottega by Carmen Trigueros (def check this one out!).
  • Options
    I had my RD at Crazy About You and it was awesome!

I had 41 people for ours and the service was great. I didn't bring in any decorations but I know a few people have used them for baby showers and bridal showers with decorations on the table, a gift table, candy table, etc.

The restaurant is also very cute and has a beautiful ocean view.

We did consumption bar so we paid for the alcohol the day of after everyone was finished and it only came out to about $350 over the initial cost for the meals.

HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    I had The Charthouse HIGH on my list BUT we've decided to do a nice reception at my Brother's house since he has a big backyard. The Charthouse deserves a chance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

How about hotels? Most hotels will work with your budget and some even allow self-catering. I like some Hampton Inns in the area…

The Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Brickell Downtown (http://www.hamptoninnmiamibrickell.com/) is a new hotel and nice decoration, but they also have a parking fee…

The Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport South Blue Lagoon (http://www.hamptoninnmiamiairport.com/) and the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove (http://www.hamptoninncoconutgrove.com/) are in your area and have free parking.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards