North Carolina
Options

Catering Companies in and around Chapel Hill?

I'm looking for recommendations or warning concerning catering companies in and around Chapel Hill. I'd love to spend around $50 a head but who knows if that's really possible nowadays? I'm a foodie and a huge lover of the farm to table movement so I'm interested in seasonal and Southern fare with local ingredients (helps with the cost too). I'd also love it if the company was all inclusive (help with planning, linens, tables/chairs, dinner and drink ware, etc). When it came to scouring Chapel Hill and Durham I decided that the best fit for me was to find a venue that allowed outside caterers simply because food is super important to me and I want a creative spread. Any ideas ladies? Thank you so much!

Re: Catering Companies in and around Chapel Hill?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think if you want $50/head AND all-inclusive that's going to be next to impossible, unless you're considering the $50/head as only food cost.  Or do you want that to include food and drink?

To give you an idea, a friend of mine that got married in Durham a little while ago did a Carolina BBQ spread for her wedding.  She interviewed six caterers in the Durham/Chapel Hill area and the cheapest quote she received was $90/person which included drinks.  

Now one option you could consider is having a restaurant like The Pig in Chapel Hill prepare your food for you.  That may get you to $50/person but not all restaurants will include things like waitstaff, they'll just bring the food to your venue and from there you would need to work out serving logistics.  You'd have to ask around if you went that route.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The $50 a head was an average for food only, not drinks or any of the extra things that some caterers can provide.

Thanks for the info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards