California-Northern
Options

I'm about to give up!

We need help, desperately..

The background: FI and I are pretty picky. We're planning from across the country (but we both grew up in the bay area) and visited in June to look at venues. We fell in love with Kunde Estate in Kenwood but decided it was just out of our budget. Now we can't find anything else that we love and I'm getting really frustrated!

What we want: An outdoor ceremony under an oak tree, preferably with other trees around and with VIEWS. We do not want a garden-feel but something more rustic. If the reception is outdoors we'd prefer the feeling that you're kind of in the middle of nowhere, can be near a building if it has that rustic feeling. Or we'd like the reception indoors in a barn or something like it. 

We're planning a small wedding 40-50 guests.

I just can't find what we want. Anything in northern California (or other parts really) would work since by next summer we'll be back in So Cal and both our families are in the Bay Area.

Any and all recs would be super helpful!

Re: I'm about to give up!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not in the bay area but the Monte Verde Inn in Foresthill is beautiful, has an outdoor ceremony/ reception area.  It is a very intimate house that can be rented out.  The food is fabulous.  While it doesn't have a view the grounds are beautiful..  We rented it out a few years ago for a birthday party.  It may be too far out of your way though. Hope this helps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what your budget is, but I'm getting married at Rush Ranch which I completely fell in love with.  This is their website; these are photos I took for my planning blog.
    There are multiple places on the property to have the ceremony (especially since yours will be small); it's definitely rustic; it's inexpensive ($1500-$2000 for the WHOLE place to yourselves and almost no restrictions).
    I really love it, and it sounds like it fits what you're looking for.
    If you have more questions, I can definitely answer them (or try!).
  • Options
    MRSKIEFERMRSKIEFER member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NewCastle barn in Loomis is gorgeous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we got married under a 100-year old Oak tree at The Ridge Golf Club in Auburn (~40 min outside Sacramento--easy drive from the airport)

http://www.ridgegc.com/

Ruby, the wedding coordinator, is INCREDIBLE.  And it's very reasonably priced (cheaper than the Bay Area)
  • Options
    candigirlbtbcandigirlbtb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since Kunde is in Sonoma County try Mark West Humming Brid Lodge. go to www.herecomestheguide.com
    Candice
  • Options
    eastokes239eastokes239 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FOREST HOUSE LODGE IN FOREST HILL IS  GREAT PLACE FOR THE RUSTIC FEEL. THEY HAVE AN OUTSIDE CEREMONY SITE, AND THE INDOOR RECEPTION ROOM IS FANTASTIC. INSIDE IS MADE TO LOOK LIKE AN OLD LOG CABIN, VERY UPDATED, BUT VERY RUSTIC! TRY THERE! BRET AND KATHRYN ARE GREAT! IT IS ALL INCLUSIVE SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO PULL YOUR HAIR OUT TRYING TO DO EVERYTHING!
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if this is rustic enough for you, but there's Ardenwood Farm in Fremont.
    http://www.ardenwoodaffairs.com/index.php

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't give up-  check out  - http://www.idovenues.com/- we ahve a free hot line to help point you in the right direction- 

• Options
    Deanna525Deanna525 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out these places

Vine Hill House - talk with Dan or Jan O'Connell, they are the owners.  This place is SO perfect for a small wedding and they offer lodging on the property.  www.vinehillhouse.com

Healdsburg Country Gardens - if I remember correctly, the gals name is Sue.  I know you said no garden feel but this property has the most amazing Oak Tree for the ceremony annnnddd the reception is in an open barn.  In my mind ... very rustic feel. http://www.hcgweddings.com/

These are a few to check out.  Let me know if you need more recommendations.  I will dig in my memory.
    Deanna

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if it's too far south, but Quail Lodge Golf Club in Carmel Valley is gorgeous!  The meadows where you can hold your ceremony is filled with trees, grass and has a little lake in the background.  Not sure of your budget, but their pricing is decent as well.  They also allow you to have your reception outdoors in the meadow area, and it honestly feels like you are in the middle of nowhere.  If you want your reception inside, they have a large ballroom overlooking part of the golf course, so there are definitely choices and flexibility.  Hope this helps!

Here is the link: http://quaillodge.com/weddings.cfm

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There are many places perfect for you...contact www.thevenuevixens.com and see some Northern California options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards