African American Weddings
Options

FMIL finished my trees....

.... And I don't know how I feel about that. lol. She put ribbon all over them. :(

one of them is a money tree (japanese tradition that her MIL did for her which she wanted to do for me). The other was my guestbook/advice tree that I was going to do, but she took over the project.

what do you guys think?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: FMIL finished my trees....

• Options
    I think standing alone they are kind of overbearing with all that ribbon .

BUT, when put in place with the other decorations they will make sense and the the ribbon won seem like so much.  You have to picture them in the the entire picture, not just as they are. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fmil-finished-my-trees?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:13877ead-2ddb-4edf-aa1c-4340b28cb88dPost:a3bd7c7d-fe32-49b1-ad61-92dc5686ced7">Re: FMIL finished my trees....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think standing alone they are kind of overbearing with all that ribbon . BUT, when put in place with the other decorations they will make sense and the the ribbon won seem like so much.  You have to picture them in the the entire picture, not just as they are. 
    Posted by RealHappyGal[/QUOTE]

girl, i'm trying REEEEEEEEAAAAL hard and it's just not happening.
  • Options
    maybe you can put some crystals and replace some of the ribbon and hope and pray it wont offend your FMIL

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    I agree Its really hard to tell what it will look like.. Are you putting any flowers or any other decorations around the tree"?(on the table, or a background)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @nursing- the advice tree (which i think is the one with the big ribbon bow) will be on the table as soon as you enter reception with a collage of photos of the 3 of us. the money tree will be on the gift table by the card box.

@misstira- i'm going to talk fiance into not liking it then it'll be his idea and his place to tell her them ribbons gotsta go! lol
  • Options
    update: the ribbons on the money tree can stay. the ones on the guestbook tree CANNOT.
  • Options
    I agree with PPs....it may be too much. I get what she's trying to do though. Take some of the ribbons off.
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Options
    Hey Tash.. I agree with PP. Could you spray paint the tree and take away some of the ribbon? Here is the one i am going to do instead of a guest book.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    key- That was what I was going for but I don't want to offend her and tell her I don't like the ribbons.
  • Options
    Mayybbeee.. you can shoe her your original idea and see if you can combine the ideas.. maybe she can make some adjustments
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards