Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

St. Joseph Michigan Wedding Reception Sites

I am a Chicago girl looking to plan a "destination wedding" in St. Joseph, Michigan. My fiance and I want a classic, casual, traditional Michigan Lakefront feel. We are planning on 100 people. I would very much welcome any tips and advice on picking a reception venue in the area. We are going for tours next Sunday to Heritage Center, Veranda, Shadowland, Vineland, etc. If anyone has any insiders knowledge to share please do! Thanks so much.

Re: St. Joseph Michigan Wedding Reception Sites

• Options
    It really depends on your budget. If you're on the lower end, go w/vineland. If you can afford the kick-ass views, go with the Shadowland or Veranda. If you're in-between, the Heritage is perfect. That's where we're having our reception. And the great thing about them is the ability to shop around and bring in your own vendors vs using ones required by other venues. It's really saved us some money. We're also having about 100 people, and the space is perfect for that amount. Plus, it's so danged pretty that it doesn't need a lot of "dressing up" like the others. Amy Zapal is very knowledgable and has been great to work with thus far.

I live in St Joe, and was able to give a lot of time and consideration to every possible place and venue and vendor. For what it's worth, I hear awesome things about the Shadowland and Veranda. The Heritage is just much more our style and budget. I've been to a wedding at the Vineland, and it fell flat to me. Not much to get excited about except the low price tag.

I hope all that helps! Good luck in your search!
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Did you decide on a reception venue? I am also a Chicago bride planning a St. Joe wedding. We decided on Shadowland... let me know if I can help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards