Hawaii
Options

Anyone having problems posting?

There seems to be something going 'round. Send me a PM and let me know what browser you're using (if you're having problems!)!

Re: Anyone having problems posting?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not me :D  Firefox. (sorry, I can't send PMs...darn user name)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in firefox and fine too.
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's happening to me now on here, has been happening on the destination board for a few weeks now.  If you'e having a problem posting with the operation aborted thing, just click quote on someone's post, it will let you post on the thread then.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, we just thought it was confined to the DW and one other board. It seems to be spreading though.
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had a problem, but it looks like it posted.  I tried to post and the screen just turned white like it was loading a new screen but didn't end up loading anything.  But, it did post the comment so I guess I shouldn't complain! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the "quote" idea! It works, obviously :)

I've been getting an "Operation Aborted" notice where I should be able to post.  Both with Safari & Firefox.  
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh wait a minute - I've been getting that at home (not at work) when I do certain things?? a couple of days ago I couldn't respond to one post without getting that message and then last night I was trying to go back to a thread I knew had info I needed but I kept getting that error code each time I tried.... It doesn't happen all the time though, just seems to be every now and then. I just assumed it was my personal computer because I was able to do it on my phone and at work. I use the same internet browser at work as I do at home?????

451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So... you can respond to posts via the quote function, but you can't start new threads?
  • Options
    kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't able to reply to anything last night.  I use Google at home and IE at work.  Wasn't working for either.
  • Options
    sparklygoofansparklygoofan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been using Google Chrome and have been having the same problem for probably a week now!  I thought it was just me.  :)
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_anyone-having-problems-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:fe5b67ba-111d-44e3-bcf1-c7260547eb40Post:999cbbb6-8505-4152-ad73-6b161c8c5647">Re: Anyone having problems posting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So... you can respond to posts via the quote function, but you can't start new threads?
    Posted by kaesha[/QUOTE]

It doesn't consistently do it to me, it seems to pick and choose certain things??? Last week it was just one persons post I couldn't respond to (I remember thinking "oh that poor person probably thinks we're all ignoring her post" because no one was posting on it). I was able to post on other posts that day so I thought maybe it was somehow corrupt. The next day I was able to post on it and a few others had by that point too.

Again, night before last I was trying to look back at my posts to find an old thread with info in it and when I was trying to "see all posts" from my profile it wouldn't let me go back in the pages or see all of my posts.... I tried switching between mozilla and internet explorer and neither would let me. I was able to do it on my iphone no problem.
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is sooo weird, 'cause I haven't had any problems at all. I wish I could see the error messages!
  • Options
    fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, definitely had problems before, but I thought it had to do with my security settings and/or browser that I was using...  It seems to be hit or miss for me, unfortunately.  :-(  I haven't posted recently, but seems to be working now.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards