African American Weddings
Options

Dress Shopping (PIP)

Morning Ladies,

Haven't said much in the last few days, been doing some major lurking though, lol. Anyways, had my first trip to the bridal store a couple of weeks ago and while I didn't find THE ONE that day, I did have lots of fun searching.

This is the dress that I initially went to try on. I had been lusting over it for the last month and I was super excited. Tried it on and I felt ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! lol. I didn't love it, like it, hate it. Nada. Beautiful dress, just didn't look like I pictured it.

I hadn't planned on trying on a ballgown, but my sister and best friend begged me to. So to amused them, I did it and it turned out that this one actually looked the best on.

Back view. Not a winner, but.....I have plenty of time to keep looking.

The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Dress Shopping (PIP)

• Options

I'm a sucker for fit and flare, so of course I love the first one. When are going to try on more? Thanks for sharing!!!

• Options
    I love fit and flare... I actually am a f&f bride.  But I LOVE the 2nd one one you
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How exciting! I love dress number one. very pretty!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Pretty! Try on even those dresses you wouldn't think you would like and let the bridal consultant choose a few for you too...you may be surprised what ends up looking great on you. The dress I ended up with didn't look pretty at all on the hanger, I was looking at my bridal consultant side eyed when she bought it in to me...but I tried it on and I LOVED IT. Just have fun with it, you'll find your dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_dress-shopping-pip-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:003fd437-782f-4d8c-a5bc-a64f1bb867d9Post:60b9de3a-b874-49de-9000-e33c76342040">Re: Dress Shopping (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pretty! Try on even those dresses you wouldn't think you would like and let the bridal consultant choose a few for you too...you may be surprised what ends up looking great on you. The dress I ended up with didn't look pretty at all on the hanger, I was looking at my bridal consultant side eyed when she bought it in to me...but I tried it on and I LOVED IT. Just have fun with it, you'll find your dress!
    Posted by BlissPhilly[/QUOTE]
    ME TO !!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love the first one! Looks quite a bit like my dress...

But I agree with PPs, let others pick dresses for you...you never know what you will fall in love with. And don't necessarily expect to fall out in tears when you find "THE ONE". Not everyone has that SYTTD reaction:-) Happy Hunting!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I knew it was my dress cuz I didnt want to take it off.
    I didnt want to jump and scream tho.  I just kept staring at myself in it from every angle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Both look great! I ended up picking a ball gown, when I had my mind set on trumpet! The consultant picked it, I tried it on and it was a wrap! My granny was crying, I was too! Lol! You never know, the dress might pick you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards