Flowers
Options

Colors of the flowers

Hello. So, this weekend I met with a florist, and we had a consultation. I ended up booking with her. I love her work and personality. But, after thinking about things all day and seeing pics of other flowers, I can't help to think if I made the right decisions about the colors! My wedding is Nov, and the BM dresses will be a wine color (From david's bridals). The colors are soft ivorys and pinks, with pops of burgundy here and there. I don't know if I should use more dark colors, for fall, or leave it as is. She recommended that with dark dresses, I should use lighter flowers to brighten things up. Shoud I just trust her opinion? I hate 2nd guessing things! Anyway, she gave me a bouquet of flowers, that we were working with, and I put them in a vase when I got home. I am going to try to include the pics.These are the flowers that are going to be incorporated into

... Thanks!!
December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket

Re: Colors of the flowers

• Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I were you, I would talk to your florist about creating a couple of other mock-ups of the bouquets (some including darker hues), so you can decide which version you like best. 

That way, you won't be second guessing yourself after seeing only one design option, and you'll know you made the choice you truly liked best. 
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dark flowers would blend into the dark dresses so it makes sense to use lighter colors in the bouquets.  You could mix the light colors and the dark colors in the centerpieces. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The lighter flowers would definitely make the darker dreses pop, but if something seems off to you (either color or style), definitely ask her to make you a couple options so you know it's for sure what you want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    So this may seem a bit harsh but IMO the mix seems kind of grandma-ish.  If you wanted to go in a more Fall color direction I would mix in a few darker colors (like the color of your dress) but then add in some golden yellow, orange and pops of purple and green.  To get a better idea of this google fall arrangements and you should be able to get a better sense of what I am describing.
    Here is a picture of a bouquet that incorporates fall colors but in a bright way.  Hope this helps!

• Options
    kbsmewskbsmews member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of pink, wine and ivory. Needs more wine colors though. Ask her about celosia. Fall flower, has texture and wine color.
  • Options
    jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The colors don't *have* to be light - just bright enough to contrast the dresses. I also have wine dresses and plan to use yellow flowers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maggie0829 - I LOVE that bouquet. I printed it out, and I am going to bring it to her this weekend. I think maybe thats why I thought something didn't feel right... maybe they do look "Grandma-ish" and thats why I was having 2nd thoughts? I just love that bouquet... I can't wait to show her. She is going to be like, "You are changing the whole thing!" Tee Hee... oh well! I'm entitled... right?

Also,
    kbsmew -

I looked up that flower, its pretty. I printed out that flower too, and am going to showe her!

Thanks girls!
    December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You definitely have the right to change your mind!  You still have plenty of time before she orders anything in.  I love bright fall mixes especially because you can use non-floral products as well like pumpkins and squash and pomegranets etc.  I seriously considered having my wedding in the fall because of all the colors but ultimately decided on July instead.  Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards