Snarky Brides

We made it!

It's FINALLY Friday!

I'm SO excited! And I actually don't have to work tomorrow! All I have planned is a David's bridal trip tomorrow with my other bridesmaid. I just want that part to be done!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: We made it!

• I also can't wait for FFF this week!! We'll have to make an appearance!

• Woooohooo, Angel! Dress shopping!  Yay!

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I maintain that I should have a PPD so I get to have a dress shopping experience with my BMs. But they didn't help with any crafts before the wedding, so you guys are going to be the new bms, mkay? I hope everyone's cool with that. Your monogrammed totes will be in your favorite color, to make it personal.

I'm so happy for Friday: my coworker is in a different building for a while, ComicCon is this weekend, and my Momoo is getting out of the hospital. Best. Weekend. Ever.
  • A Day Without the Doc at the clinic today!  Woo hoo - I can catch up on charting, paperwork etc.
  • Angel, have fun dress shopping! I know the feeling of wanting it done. I am so happy I dont have to worry about that part anymore.

I have to go grocery shopping today. I made a menu for the week. It includes: BLTs, Taco pasta, philly cheesesteak hoagies, beef & brocolli with fried rice, french bread pizzas (we are making our own), pretzel coated chicken and smothered pork chops. Im really looking forward to dinner this week :]

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Woo hoo, a monogrammed tote, just what I wanted! Hooray for Friday. I think we finally have a deal based on the home inspection for selling the house. We have been going back and forth all week so now I need to jump on the repair requests. Angel, have fun with dress shopping. Now I'm off to FFF!
  • I had an awesome wedding dress shopping experience at Kleinfeld's, I guess that's why David's bridal rubbed me the wrong way. It was like a freaking meat market in there! It was packed, there were not enough chairs and the woman beside us was talking about needing a cover up for when she went out for a smoke in her wedding dress and how this was her second marriage to the same man. Hence, I just want to get these BM dresses ordered and done!! I also tried to convince my BMs to just buy black dresses they liked, but they wanted "BM" dresses. Bunni, I definitely think you need a PPD. But only if you wear this: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/8266289/Gypsies-the-most-strait-laced-people-in-Britain.html

• bunni727bunni727 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    It's the only possible option. And these shoes: http://m5.paperblog.com/i/31/314771/dude-i-am-so-sorry-L-AHzaxr.jpeg

Side note: Have you seen the gypsy wedding show? I distinctly remember a teenager bride saying that if your dress didn't make you bleed and give you bruises, it wasn't a big enough dress. Hers was almost 70 lbs, I think.
  • I watched it a couple of times, but then I felt my brain cells dying. A friend of mine taught in an area of England where there,s a lot of gypsies. She regularly got told to F off by 6 year olds. And that's one of the milder parts of her stories.

• tlc - I'm going to pull house selling vibes from you when you're done with them.  We're putting ours on the market this spring/summer.  Lots to do since this has been H's home for 30 years.

I'm fascinated by the gypsy culture (not the reality shows) and to the other extreme, the Amish culture.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_we-made-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a4931de-c4c0-4da8-bf87-3b48f465fe28Post:04b17e67-9db4-46ff-8f77-6e82313205c3">Re: We made it!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angel, have fun dress shopping! I know the feeling of wanting it done. I am so happy I dont have to worry about that part anymore. I have to go grocery shopping today. I made a menu for the week. It includes: BLTs, Taco pasta, philly cheesesteak hoagies, beef & brocolli with fried rice, french bread pizzas (we are making our own), pretzel coated chicken and smothered pork chops. Im really looking forward to dinner this week :]
    Posted by Sierra524[/QUOTE]

Real simple and everyday food magazines both have really good weekly menu ideas if you need more ideas in the future Sierra. I used to use them before i became allergic to everything.

• Sierra - allrecipes.com
  • Wonder what the chaps chap is wearing today?
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    I am kinda fascinated by the gypsy culture as well. They have such traditional roles and in general are quite strict with dating and sex, at least for girls. But then they wear all that hoochie clothing. I'm curious how they afford those weddings and dresses. Marrin. Good luck FYI. I am watching the today show and they just discussed how they groomed their private areas. Really, I know this is lightheaded news but I think that is too far.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_we-made-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a4931de-c4c0-4da8-bf87-3b48f465fe28Post:f74aaf3b-8fc6-4bba-b123-c5fd7c24a896">Re:We made it!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am kinda fascinated by the gypsy culture as well. They have such traditional roles and in general are quite strict with dating and sex, at least for girls. But then they wear all that hoochie clothing. I'm curious how they afford those weddings and dresses. Marrin. Good luck FYI. I am watching the today show and they just discussed how they groomed their private areas. Really, I know this is<strong> lightheaded</strong> news but I think that is too far.
    Posted by tlc35[/QUOTE]

I think you meant "lighthearted" but in I think lightheaded makes more sense ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_we-made-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a4931de-c4c0-4da8-bf87-3b48f465fe28Post:d218295c-2d44-41ce-8675-81bf20432e86">Re:We made it!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:We made it! : I think you meant "lighthearted" but in I think lightheaded makes more sense ;)
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

Freudian slip?

It makes me happy to see this board busy again!!

• tlc35tlc35 member
    Haha! That's what I get for typing on my phone!
  • Sierra524Sierra524 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_we-made-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a4931de-c4c0-4da8-bf87-3b48f465fe28Post:c5a817d6-67c9-42a9-a0d6-9912aa243395">Re: We made it!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's the only possible option. And these shoes: <a rel="nofollow" href="http://m5.paperblog.com/i/31/314771/dude-i-am-so-sorry-L-AHzaxr.jpeg">http://m5.paperblog.com/i/31/314771/dude-i-am-so-sorry-L-AHzaxr.jpeg</a> Side note: Have you seen the gypsy wedding show? I distinctly remember a teenager bride saying that if your dress didn't make you bleed and give you bruises, it wasn't a big enough dress. Hers was almost 70 lbs, I think.
    Posted by bunni727[/QUOTE]

That show is a hot mess. But, its one of my favorite trashy tv shows.

ETA: Thanks for the tip about where to find recipies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mmmm French bread pizza sounds delicious. Have fun dress shopping. We found the bridesmaid dresses the same night as my wedding dress so no more fun shopping for me :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards