North Carolina-Outer Banks

Hatteras Brides...

What did you do for your ceremony? Like location and decoarations? I think I read that you can't set up chairs or an arbor on the beach... Is that true and what did you do instead?
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Hatteras Brides...

• mandafite821mandafite821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married sound front on HI instead of ocean front.  It is at a house called The Love Boat.  Another option is The Inn on Pamlico Sound, but it is sound front as well.  
  • hibiscus118hibiscus118 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi there, sorry I am just getting to this, haven't been on in a few days.  I got married in Hatteras on the beach in front of an event home last year.  Technically you are not allowed to have any kind of benches/chairs/arbors on the national seashore beach, which all of
    Hatteras Island is.  With the exceptions of chairs for the elderly/disabled.  When I was looking into renting chair for the reception, the guy I talked to at Ocean Atlantic rentals told me that it isn't really enforced in front of event homes, it is more so enforced near lighthouse beach.  I was told this by a few other vendors as well.  This isn't saying you will get away with it by any means, just an FYI really. 

I did put benches out on the beach just before our ceremony, and took them off right afterwards.  Only 4.  We didn't use an arbor but we used tiki torches instead.  We were fine and didn't get caught.  I guess it is a matter of what you want to do.  Hope this helps and don't hesitate to ask anymore questions if you have any :)
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Buckigirl67Buckigirl67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Planner on Ocracoke Island said the same, that you could use and set up chairs~they have not had any problems~ Where on Hatteras are you getting married?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards