Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Need Help Choosing Colors

I just got engaged and I am having a hard time picking wedding colors. We have decided to have a summer wedding and my dress is ivory. Any ideas?

Re: Need Help Choosing Colors

• Options
    What does your venue look like?  Are the colors pretty neutral and can go with anything?
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Jagore's question was very key, my venue has red walls and brown hardwood floors, so not many color schemes would fit. If the venue is very neutral, the color combo's are endless. If it's similar to mine, with bold walls and such, then base your decision around that. Good luck!
    Running buddies are forevah.

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Completed 2012 Races: Cupid's Chase 5k Feb. 11th: 26:20, Donovan's Run 5k March 10th: 25:00, Statesman Cap 10k March 25th: 57:19

Upcoming: Komen Race for the Cure 10k May 12th (SA)

• Options

That's a good point! I have my eye on a venue that has red carpeting and red upholstery on the chair, with ivory linens. Yet, I like the idea of a lavender color scheme...thanks for bringing that to my attention! I never thought to pay close attention to the venue colors, because I'm so wrapped up in the view/scenery around the venue!

But I will say this - I've been to a number of weddings with black bridesmaids dresses (with maybe a pop of color in the sash, or in the bouquet) and I really like black bridesmaids dresses...they match almost any color scheme and they make your bridal party look uniform and classy......as long as they are light and airy, so your bridesmaids don't look like they're in mourning! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    Also the style of the wedding might play into your color selection.  You get a very different look if you go with a dark red, black, and white than if you went with fuschia and lime green.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards