Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Drinks- How much?

Hi!

I hope someone can offer some advice on how much i need to stock up in the drinks department?

were having a 3 course dinner w/wine.
1 glass white wine for the starter, 3 glasses of red for the main course (it will be served two times), and a glass of dessertwine . (and of course water in nice jugs on the table)
so that is pretty much okay i guess.

BUT: we're having an open bar afterwards, and we need to get the liqour ourself.
I recon well have:

Vodka
Rum (captn morgan spiced)
Gin
Whiskey
Baileys
wine and beer

If we get coke, tonic, orange juice and some energy drinks, we'll be able to make an assortment of drinks.
Does this seem to be an okay selection?
And how much should I get? (think there will be about 60 people for the party)
I appreciate ANY advice! Smile

Re: Drinks- How much?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This might help as a guideline.
    http://www.evite.com/pages/party/drink-calculator.jsp

It sounds like a great selection, but I personally might cut down the number of liquor variations so you don't have to buy 2 bottles of each & possibly run out.  It's tough with a smaller crowd.  Can you talk to the bartender to help with the planning?  They must have some great advice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!

I don't think I can cut down any more, but I have listed them in "semi-priority" order. I have a few old aunts that only drink Baileys, so I'll get a small bottle of that,
    But what if i get for instance a total of:
    4X1 litre bottles of vodka,
    4X1 litre of gin and the same of rum,
    1 litre bottle of whiskey
     and 48 cans of beer + "leftover" wine from the dinner

Will that be enough? or too much/little?

And; what mixers should I get?

I'm sorry to bother you, but I have so little experience in party planning! 

(and of course, I'll ask the caterers on our next meeting, but I'd like to be prepared, and ask those with first hand experience! Laughing)
  • Options
    cc+mmcc+mm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is the list we are using as a guideline...it is from the knot. We are expecting about 65 guests, but want to be prepared. Since you are only doing after dinner open bar, you would need less, but the proportions would probably still be the same.

Drink Up

How much liquor will you need for 100 guests? Talk to your bartender; in the meantime, here are some averages:

• Beer: 5 to 6 cases
    • Whiskey: 1 liter
    • Bourbon: 1 liter
    • Gin: 2 to 3 liters
    • Scotch: 2 liters
    • Light rum: 1 liter
    • Vodka: 5 liters
    • Tequila: 1 liter
    • Champagne: 1 to 1 1/2 cases
    • Red wine: 2 cases
    • White wine: 3 1/2 cases
    • Dry vermouth: 1 bottle