Maine

invitations

I was just curious where everyone is getting their invites? Its about that time for me to order and get out by Feb 1. I havent really fell in love with anything yet.  I do like one that I saw through DB's but I dont know anyone who has purchased.

Yikes, this is moving SO FAST now.  :)

Re: invitations

• We got a kit from Michael's and bought some stuff to make it our own (i.e. ribbon that matched our colors). I loved the finaly product, but I will say that doing them on your own is a lot of work. We got a lot of compliments on ours, and they ended up looking like they were professionally done, so we were happy with them. But they did cause some stress!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_invitations-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:e71afa47-5841-49d5-b3fd-df81dd5cfb19Post:dc2e1028-2c5c-4294-a975-23276e47a71a">Re: invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got a kit from Michael's and bought some stuff to make it our own (i.e. ribbon that matched our colors). I loved the finaly product, but I will say that doing them on your own is a lot of work. We got a lot of compliments on ours, and they ended up looking like they were professionally done, so we were happy with them. But they did cause some stress!!
    Posted by sarahfowler38[/QUOTE]

Ditto!  On sale, I got two kits for less than $50, so the savings was worth it.  The time and effort, well, at times I kicked myself for taking on the task.

I considered going to VistaPrint route - with their deals you can get some for a good price and they have some cute designs you can personalize.  DB had some great ones too.  Just personally, I couldn't rationalize the cost.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I got Mine through VistaPrint- They came out awesome and they are very reasonable priced.  especially if you bargain shop! I made out like a bandit- after using groupon offers and waititng till they were offering 50% off- my invites would have totalled $450 full price but I spent a grand total of $66 on them.  and thats INCLUDING shipping!
  • MonogramWedding.com is very reasonable with many options you can customize. They have a fast turnaround and free shipping! Good Luck & Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards