Louisiana-New Orleans

How long did it take to get your marriage certificate?

Hi ladies

It's been over 6 weeks since our wedding and we still haven't received the marriage certificate from the state. I would like to register our marriage in Switzerland (where we live) and also to start the name change process and I can't do any of that without the certificate.

How long did you have to wait?

Re: How long did it take to get your marriage certificate?

• Did you order your marriage certificate?  I had been waiting for mine, but realized that you have to purchase one from the clerks office.  After I sent in my money and information, I got mine in a week.  It might take a little longer in Orleans Parish.
  • I ordered a few copies and paid extra for them. Got them in the mail 2 or 3 weeks after the wedding.
  • Yeah, you have to order it, they don't send automatically. Ours took forever and I even splurged for the priority shipping.
  • We got married on May 26th (this year) and we had our marriage certificate (sent out of state) by June 21st.  I thought that was pretty quick actually.  Are you having them send the marriage certificate to Switzerland where you live?  If so that would definitely take longer.  Did you try calling?
  • We ordered it and paid for it when we applied for the marriage license and it should have been sent to my mom's house (she lives in N.O.).  I will ask her again and then try calling.

Thanks!!
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards