Pennsylvania-Central
Options

PRESS ROOM/STEINMAN PARK??

I AM LOOKING TO HAVE A VERY SMALL WEDDING AND RECPTION--DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOU CAN HAVE A WEDDING THERE??
PRICE?
THANKS!!!

Re: PRESS ROOM/STEINMAN PARK??

• Options
    queserasera84queserasera84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From their website
    :http://www.pressroomrestaurant.com/dining.html

It looks like you can hold a reception there, not too sure about the ceremony. It could probably work if your guests sat the tables and if your officiant had a microphone-- those waterfalls are LOUD.

They don't post prices online.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married and had their wedding there. They had the ceremony in the park (they moved the tables and set chairs up and turn off the waterfalls for the ceremony). The reception was also there. Everything was beautiful and the food was great. They had about 60 people and I believe they did the whole thing (dress, reception, favors, cake, etc) for under $5000.
    TTC #1 since 11/10
    10/11: Dx PCOS, 2000mg Metformin
    imageimage
    My Blog
    April Nesties March siggy challenge: Next Vacation, Anguilla!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also inquired with Steinman Park as we originally anticipated a small wedding but the guest list grew too large for their facility. I emailed and they sent me pricing info, etc in the mail and the manager was very friendly. As PP mentioned, we planned on a ceremony outdoors in Steinman Park and then reception in one of their banquet rooms. From the information they gave, they can basically provide everything you need - chairs, linens, bar, etc. I still wish we kept with our small guest list as its a beautiful and unique location! Good luck :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can hold a ceremony and a reception there or just a reception. They will not allow you to use the space for ceremony only. It is beautiful but we felt like they were not easy to work with so we went somewhere else. For example, you are not allowed to use outside vendors for chairs. They make you use their chairs for the ceremony but you have to pay for each chair...and they are already sitting there. They also will not allow an outdoor reception. You must use their banquet room.

It is an absolutely gorgeous space!! Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards