Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Brunch Menu Help

We are having a "cocktail" hour and I write it that way b/c it will be more food than drinks. It's hosted bar but only mimosas and possibly bloody mary's will be served...ANY other suggestions on breakfasty drinks are welcome...we will have a full non alcoholic selection...

For the food the trick is that I didn't want it to seem too much like a buffet, however the place we are doing it at doesn't have the ability to do a traditional plated. So I've tried to come up with station like options. The cocktail hour will have some pastries like danishes, choc covered/reg cruisants, muffins, veggies and dip, possible salmon lox with bagel slices... ANY suggestions for additional meat options here if there is one?

Then onto the brunch...the breakfast stations -- /> the first station is a waffle station with waffles made to order. At that table there are a selection of fresh fruits that can be palced on the waffles. Then at another table will be an omelet station with eggs made to order as well and handful of preppings like onions, ham, tomato, cheese etc. available for guest's choice of how they prefer their eggs.
the lunch station (I had a hard time...)-- />
1. chicken strips or fish strips and fries?
2. kabobs - so you could do choice of chicken, beef, and shrimp kabobs. The chicken and beef kabobs would be par boiled then they throw on the indoor grill in front of guests to order and then shrimp is quick to cook.

Anyways I think I like number 2 the best b/c I think it is a bit more classy but I was just having a hard time coming up with any other "sation" that could be considered the lunch aspect of this suposed brunch wedding. PLEASE HELP

Re: Brunch Menu Help

• edited December 2011
    For the cocktail hour--you could add some mini quiche, both meat and veggie.  

For the stations--I like the kabob idea, but I would add a vegetarian kabob also.  I don't think you need another action station--it might be nice to have one station that people could just take from and not have to wait for food to be cooked.  Going on the kabob theme, you could have a middle eastern station with hummus, tahina, pita, falafel, taboule, olives, eggplant, etc.  
  • RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I definitely like the kabob idea better than the first one.  Chicken or fish strips are kind of kids-menu type stuff (but you might want some of that if you have kids attending).  What about that station having some grilled or stir-fried veggies to go with?  Or a salad station?  A good ham or a big old tray of bacon would be good too.  And potatoes - hash browns, home fries, mashed potato bar? 
  • Lauren19.Lauren19. member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the kabob idea, but think most people will gravitate to your first two, waffle or omlet. On the bar, you could offer screwdrivers as well. You'll already have the ingredients, and it gives guests another choice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards