South Carolina-Charleston

Honeymooning in SC???

Hi-

We live in Kansas City and will be married in June and are thinking about honeymooning in Charleston for three or four nights. Do you local gals have any advise or recommendations? Things to see, places to stay or places to eat...

Any help is appreciated- Thanks!

Re: Honeymooning in SC???

• edited December 2011
    There is alot to do in Charleston, esp. in June. I would reccomend staying at one of our "inns" such as the Planters Inn, Vendue Inn, or King Charles, Mills House, etc. There are LOTS of them and you can do a quick google search and come up with lots.

If you have never been here before I would suggest going to a plantation, one of my favorites in Magnolia, I also would go for a walk on the Battery, go shopping on King Street, maybe do a Harbor Cruise and a carriage tour. You could also do a historic homes tour.

Honestly, there is a lot to do. And if you will only be here for 3-4 days you need to prioritize what it is you want to do. I suggest getting a guide book or Google searching and see what interests you the most.

There are also lots of amazing resturants. 82 Queen and High Cotton should go to the top of your list. 82 Queen is super romantic.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Once you decide on some things you'd like to do, if you PM me I can tell you if it's worth the money! I've lived here for 15 years, so I think I've got it down :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards