Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

tell me about San Antonio

I'm going there this weekend.  I've never exited an airport in Texas.  What's it like?  Is it really in the 70s in the wintertime?  Does everything revolve around the Spurs?

I think I remember some E reg is from there, but maybe I'm making up stories in my head. 

Re: tell me about San Antonio

• Options
    Its 75 in AUstin this very minute (90 min north). It should be in the 60s this weekend during the day. 

The Riverwalk is fun if you like that sort of thing. The Alamo is very anticlimactic. The street signs aren't helpful and everything is always under construction. Yes, I have a general disdain for driving in SA. Mexican food there is generally superb, though. 

There is a Sea World and a Six Flags amusement park as well. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    OH! On the riverwalk, there's a restaurant called Cafe Ole. They have a 64 oz margarita. I was too young then, but that will be my first stop when I go back .
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    I grew up less than an hour from San Antonio in a small town and so spent most weekends there until I got out of my small town hell.

SarahPLiz is right about the alamo, it is totally anticlimatic, instead go to the other missions. They are much more interesting and they are beautiful. You can either drive to each of them or bike to each of them. It is too far to walk. 

I enjoy going to the Riverwalk and I used to go downtown every year for new year's eve when I was younger. We always had fun. I still love going to to Diick's (a bar) on the Riverwalk.
  • Options
    I usually lurk here, so forgive the intrusion. We went to SA for FI's job last spring.  I recommend getting Mexican donuts from the Iron Cactus.  We swung in for drinks and dessert our first night there and ended up going back for dinner because the food and service impressed us.  We ate outside by the riverwalk and were joined by ducks, which may or may not be your thing. :)

06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • Options
    I visited San Antonio with the bf once as a day trip from Austin and we had a really nice time. He had lived there awhile when he was younger so we spent some time checking that  out.  I really liked walking on the riverwalk in the early evening because it was so pretty and so much warmer than home.  Also, in the winter I think they have these beautiful while lights on all the trees - we were too early when we visited, but its supposed to be very very pretty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards