May 2012 Weddings
Options

Should I be nice?

I invited a friend of mine from high school with his boyfriend. He replied for just him. I sent him a facebook message (a few weeks ago) saying I was dissappointed I wouldn't get to meet his partner. Today, he sends me a message back asking if he can still bring a friend, as the "people" (yes, plural) he's staying with expressed interest in coming.

I paid the balance at the venue last weekend, but I can technically add people up until Saturday. Do I say sorry, I've already turned in the numbers, or sure, you can bring ONE date?

...he'll know 2 other girls at the wedding, they're both coming with dates.
Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Should I be nice?

• Options
    Do you know these people? If not, I would say no.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ugh Toughy...  I think I would say the numbers are in, sorry.  I would find out what his boyfriend is doing, why he can't come or whatever.  It sounds like this guy is actually being kind of sketchy... If the boyfriend is actually free, I would still push for him to bring the bf, but if he isn't then say "yeah sorry, I already submitted the final numbers based on what you told me before."  buy obviously, be nice about it.  sounds like you're pretty good at that, though
    May 2012 Nesties March Siggy Challenge: Furbabies imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    I would say no. Explain that you have already submitted your final numbers. It sounds like he is trying to add some of HIS friends... I would just say no.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    No, the boyfriend is attending his sister's med school graduation, so I get why he's not coming. I just told my friend that the numbers were in last weekend (true) and that he's sitting with our close friends from hs, and I can't wait to see him. Thanks ladies!
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know you invited him with a guest, but his response sounds off.  I would say no.  You don't want any creepers at your wedding!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards