Ohio-Cincinnati

Vendor reviews 10-8-2011 wedding

These are the ones that stick out:

The Madison - A+
I can't say enough about the staff.  We were so nervous that they were just a wedding factory and that every wedding looked the same, but they really helped us personalize everything, were so flexible, and I can't rave enough about the staff during our reception.  So nice and accommodating, they really understood how important that day was to us!

Tracy Doyle Photography - A++
Again, can't stress enough how great she was!  The photos are beautiful and she was so flexible on the wedding day.  I wound up sick right before the ceremony (call it overheating, nerves, whatever) and again right before walking into the reception and just couldn't do photos (THANK GOODNESS we did a first look and got photos before the ceremony, I was fine then).  Tracy was so professional, she didn't need any guidance from me and just went about her business taking photos of the groom, church, bridesmaids and all the details at the reception.  She was amazing!

Chenese Bean Makeup - A+
She was great while we were getting ready, all the makeup looked beautiful.  The extra bonus was that since we did a first look and photos before the ceremony, she met us at the church to touch up my makeup before I walked down the aisle.  And let me tell you, after I was sick at the church I sure was glad to have her there!!

Mitchell's Kenwood - A
The girls and I got manicures and pedicures the day before the wedding and got our hair done there on the wedding day.  Some girls didn't love their hair, but I think it was partially due to them not having photos or any idea of what they wanted.  But the staff was so nice and we had a blast!

A. Limousine Associates - A+
They were on time, our driver was so nice and the price was great.  Loved them!

Secret Garden (florist) - A+
The quote I got from Secret Garden was about half of what I had recieved from another florist so I was a bit nervous but the flowers were beautiful!  They were so nice in helping me figure out what I wanted when I had no idea and executed it beautifully.  And they didn't even blink when we came up with the idea of filling vases with acorns, we dropped off a bucket of acorns and they made it work.  I would definitely recommend them!

Servatiis - A+
The cake was delicious and they were super easy to work with.  Definite recommendation!

St. Ignatius Church - C-
The church is pretty, but we just didn't have a good experience.  Which is sad since we're members!   There was just no help with logistics except from our priest, who didn't have a lot of patience and didn't have a very good memory so wasn't much help.  And the church organist (Patty Stretch) they suggested does NOT get a recommendation from me.  She forgot to change the music to my bridal march so I started to walk anyway and she finally realized it when I was nearly to the end of the aisle.  NOT a fan.

Holiday Inn, Covington - B
We made sure to have the name of a person who would be on site during our wedding weekend, so that helped with any issues we had.  But overall they were nice, reasonably priced, and we had no complaints about rooms from our guests.  I'd stay there again.

Bridal and Formal (bridal gown and bridesmaids dresses) - B
They were great when we went for bridesmaids dresses, just average when I got my dress.  All the dresses were a bit later than estimated getting in but were there in time.  But for the selection and pricing I would chose them again.

Maize Music - A+++
We got so many compliments on the DJ!  People were dancing all night, it was a blast!!  And they were flexible about last minute changes on who was giving speeches without any issue at all.  Loved our DJ (David Berger(sp?))!

I think that's it!  Sorry this was so long!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vendor reviews 10-8-2011 wedding

• BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've found from experience of other people's weddings that Catholic Churches just don't enjoy the whole wedding thing. It's not big business for them - just a hassle. I'm not saying that's true across the board - but from what I've heard from other brides that had Catholic weddings -it just wasn't fun.

I love these vendor reviews - they help those of us still planning find vendors that don't come up with just a google search. :) Thanks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • prinzssbrideprinzssbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the info!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think Catholic churches that have a deacon and a wedding coordinator on staff work well with couples.  But those who only have the priest to handle everything have more difficulties.

Between RCIA, Baptisms, Confirmations, first Communion, hearing confessions, school of religion, emergency last rites to the dying, preparing for homilies, Mass, sometimes even spiritual direction, I think it's too much for a priest handle.

And BrightFirefly is correct, parishes don't make a profit from the donation they ask.  It takes a lot to clean up and heat/AC a big church.

I hope it doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth about the Church.  You still had a valid church wedding no matter the troubles you had to go through to get one.  I hope things will get better at your parish.  Your musician has no excuse, I am so sorry you had to go through that!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • katiebean1katiebean1 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your reviews! I am going to look into your DJ an Florist =]
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    222image 50image 19image
  • utegogglesutegoggles member
    edited December 2011
  • dori851dori851 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations & thanks for the reviews :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for putting that out there ClearHeavens. =)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards