Getting in Shape

Any Juicers?

Hi,
My big day is 67 days away and I'm starting a juice fast next week. Are any of you juicing? I went to the reboot.org website and the meal plan does have solid foods. A friend of mine recommended 10 day detox of only juice, Has anyone done this program? If so, what were your results, how did you feel? I only did the 3 day reboot and lost 6 lbs that i haven't gained back but never a detox plan.

Re: Any Juicers?

• Those juice diets/fasts/detoxs are terrible.  They have no protein whatsoever, and often not enough calories to keep your body going strong.  Plus, the high sugar in fruit won't give you sustainable energy, so any working out will probably be at a lower intensity due to your lack of energy.

Anniversary
  • mcda04mcda04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Thanks for your input. I was planning on doing the "mean green" recipes since it's mostly veggies. I'm not sure about protein content either so I'll look into that. Thanks again.
  • hellebhelleb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I have never done a juice diet but I was told that if you really want to detox, eating clean and organically is the best detox for you.  I watched an advertisement for "beyond diet" which is a clean eating diet and the video explains really well how your liver works and if its constantly trying to get rid of all the toxins you put into it with your food choices it doesn't have a chance to do the rest of its functions or it doesn't do them as well.  So if you help out your liver by eating less toxins etc. you will boost your weight loss.  Its by eating clean foods and lean meats etc. 
    Now I am not saying join "beyond diet" just saying that type of detox sounds a lot healthier than drinking only juice for so many days.  If you want to see the video I put it below I learned a lot from it even though I didn't join but now I am trying to watch my sugars etc.

http://www.beyonddiet.com/bd/landing?food=avocado
  • mcda04mcda04 member
    thank you Helleb. I will check out the video. :) After reading my original post i can see how it doesn't seem as healthy as i thought. I'll probably add a few juices to my healthy diet.
  • hellebhelleb member
    Its good to  get rid of "junk" like pop, unneccesary sugars and fats but some of those detox & clenses can really mess you up internally.  I would definatly suggest checking any extended detox out with your doctor first.  All doctors are different but mine said that if I just start ACTUALLY eating right (its crazy the things I thought were healthy that aren't) I would get the same results and my body would thank me for it.  I was looking at those cologn clenses and he said if I wanted to be sick for days I should go for it lol but that he wasn't gonna tell me it was a good idea.
  • hey mcd - if you're really into the 'getting rid of the crap in your body,' check out the clean eating thread down the page.  it might be your best bet for 'detoxing' in an all-natural sense, while still getting a great balance of carbs, fats, proteins, etc.
    Anniversary
  • mcda04mcda04 member
    I actually did check with my Doc and she said it was ok. SHe did recommend I only do it for 7 days and not 10 but I'm still a little iffy. She told me we all must detox every 3 months. I already intake flax seed in natural home made smoothies and shakes and eat a pretty balanced diet. My killer is carbs, I TRY to stay off them but do "cheat" once in a while. The only reason I want to start it is becuase i've always had digestive issues despite eating well, so Juice fasting was my next option.....
  • hellebhelleb member
    Lol see they are all different lol if she thinks it would help I would follow her recomendations.  I used to have digestive problems but mine ended up being all stress related and but it sucked trying to find things that made me more comfortable because honestly the things I tried just didn't work, so I feel for ya.  I got to a point where I was willing to try anything to make it better. 

Have you tried logging what you eat and when you have the digestive problems?  Recently I have started paying closer attention to that.  And I actually found some problem foods that I used to be okay eating. After seeing it though now I try to stay away from them.  It amazed me bc I thought "Ive eaten that for years, so thats not the cause" Just an idea :)
  • mcda04mcda04 member
    :) Good to know i'm not the only one with issues in that area. lol. Thanks for sharing and the idea. I'll try to relate my food to my problem, maybe i can track it a lot easier that way. I think I'll embark in the 7 day juice fast. I'll let you guys know how that went. :)
  • I'm a juicer--I love steroids!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I personally don't follow the juicing trend, although I have been doing more research in intermittent fasting.. juicing is on my next "to-do" for research. 

Whatever you do, make sure you're logging and being safe about the amount of calories you're getting. I would also suggest not doing super heavy lifting during that time if you're unable to keep a high protein content in your diet. 
  • mcda04mcda04 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_any-juicers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:4aff2c87-bf61-4f31-a4f5-0a17fc2e6301Post:483099a7-ef88-45bd-b89b-293c006d1bba">Re: Any Juicers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I personally don't follow the juicing trend, although I have been doing more research in intermittent fasting.. juicing is on my next "to-do" for research.  Whatever you do, make sure you're logging and being safe about the amount of calories you're getting. I would also suggest not doing super heavy lifting during that time if you're unable to keep a high protein content in your diet. 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the advice. :) I start next Monday. I'm a little anxious and looking forward to next week. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards