African American Weddings
Options

My 1st DIY PIP

This is my 1st attempt at my DIY wedding centerpiece. I ran out of flowers so I will have to wait until I get more before I can round it out, I also think I may add a splash color in the arrangement what do you think? I'm not completely satisfied ofcourse because it's not done but I am more at ease knowing that I can do it on my own.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My 1st DIY PIP

• Options
    Is it a night time weddin??
    IF it is...... Put some LED light cubes at the bottom.... THAT WOULD BE PHENOMINAL !!!!!!

It is beautiful as is but, like u said,  A splash of color would be just amazing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_my-1st-diy-photo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:083710c0-b845-4a93-8b97-1c7c692dbb45Post:4616df91-c3f7-4a6d-8cfd-d0bb9f9eb36c">Re: My 1st DIY Photo</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it a night time weddin?? IF it is...... Put some LED light cubes at the bottom.... THAT WOULD BE PHENOMINAL !!!!!! It is beautiful as is but, like u said,  A splash of color would be just amazing
    Posted by RealHappyGal[/QUOTE]

<div>Thats a great idea! I was going to add a splash of color in the arrangement but I love the look of the LED lights with the floating flower too. I'll have to price those. Thanks!!! </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree the LED lights would be great or scatter petals/diamonds depending on when you need them and how many I would suggest eBay. just look up submersible led lights. & even though I don't celebrate halloween you can even find some in the store in the halloween section. 
  • Options
    tttorietttorie member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_my-1st-diy-photo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:083710c0-b845-4a93-8b97-1c7c692dbb45Post:b92ba4d3-4a5a-43d9-8fd9-ba7603419bdc">Re: My 1st DIY Photo</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree the LED lights would be great or scatter petals/diamonds depending on when you need them and how many I would suggest eBay. just look up  submersible led lights. & even though I don't celebrate halloween you can even find some in the store in the halloween section. 
    Posted by peachy2012[/QUOTE]<div>
    My wedding inst for another year. I am just trying to create my centerpieces so that I can estimate how much it will cost to create these centerpieces for 12 tables.</div><div>I am not done with this one in its entirety because I ran out of flowers :(</div><div>I am going to look up submerible LED lights now. Thanks for the advice :)
    <div>
    </div><div>
    </div></div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_my-1st-diy-photo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:083710c0-b845-4a93-8b97-1c7c692dbb45Post:4616df91-c3f7-4a6d-8cfd-d0bb9f9eb36c">Re: My 1st DIY Photo</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it a night time weddin?? IF it is...... Put some LED light cubes at the bottom.... THAT WOULD BE PHENOMINAL !!!!!! It is beautiful as is but, like u said,  A splash of color would be just amazing
    Posted by RealHappyGal[/QUOTE]

THIS!!!! Use colored LED lights! This is SOOOOO PRETTY! great 1st DIY!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    tttorietttorie member
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_my-1st-diy-photo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:083710c0-b845-4a93-8b97-1c7c692dbb45Post:59cbba35-1a80-49be-a758-2f5740fbd6a8">Re: My 1st DIY Photo</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My 1st DIY Photo : THIS!!!! Use colored LED lights! This is SOOOOO PRETTY! great 1st DIY!
    Posted by footballwife77[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank You! :-D I think I want a silvery blue color light. I'll have to go to my local party store to see what I find. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with pp..i think its pretty and recommend tge led lights !
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Options
    I like it! Great job on first DIY!
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_my-1st-diy-photo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:083710c0-b845-4a93-8b97-1c7c692dbb45Post:3fdef2c8-e980-4e70-8e49-689134d259a3">Re:My 1st DIY PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with pp..i think its pretty and recommend tge led lights !
    Posted by msbdumas[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank You and yes I'm getting them. I didn't know that they were so inexpensive.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    me likey me likey 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Your first DIY is beautiful! I agree with the previous posts...Submergible, colored LED lights would add that umph you want to it. Great Check!!!!!
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Options
    this is really good :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_my-1st-diy-photo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:083710c0-b845-4a93-8b97-1c7c692dbb45Post:3fdef2c8-e980-4e70-8e49-689134d259a3">Re:My 1st DIY PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with pp..i think its pretty and recommend tge led lights !
    Posted by msbdumas[/QUOTE<div><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;background-color:#ffffff;">
    </span></div><div><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;background-color:#ffffff;">Thank you! I can't wait for the rest of my sample flowers to come in... </span></div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_my-1st-diy-photo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:083710c0-b845-4a93-8b97-1c7c692dbb45Post:bf053aec-9363-4803-9c5a-fb46417f5efa">Re: My 1st DIY (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like it! Great job on first DIY!
    Posted by kcc76[/QUOTE]<div>
    <span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;background-color:#ffffff;">Thank you! I can't wait for the rest of my sample flowers to come in... Once they do I'll pop in the LED Light and post an updated pic for you ladies to tell me what you all think.</span></div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How did you make the arrangment and what type of flowers are those?? I love it and yea the led lights will make it stand out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks I think I will attempt something similar. I'll let you know how it turned out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re:My 1st DIY PIP:[QUOTE]me likey me likeynbsp; Posted by thedivav[/QUOTE]

Thank You!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re:My 1st DIY PIP:[QUOTE]me likey me likeynbsp; Posted by thedivav[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I can't wait to finish it :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I really like this. I think the LED lights would be a nice touch as well :) Where did you find the tutorial for this? I think I want to give it a shot.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    tttorietttorie member
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_my-1st-diy-photo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:083710c0-b845-4a93-8b97-1c7c692dbb45Post:a86314d3-425f-4814-95b7-fc68a186a371">Re: My 1st DIY PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really like this. I think the LED lights would be a nice touch as well :) Where did you find the tutorial for this? I think I want to give it a shot.
    Posted by HardyLove222[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thank You! I watched a video on how to make a kissing ball and I just took some tips from there, played with it, and made it my own. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards