Favors

photobooth

so I'm thinking about doing a photobooth at my wedding. If I did this would I have to have a favor as well. They get to take home one of the photo strips that is taken of them but I think its a good way to get a guest book with pictures of all the guests and it is a fun idea. Any suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: photobooth

• edited December 2011
    You actually don't have to do favors at all.  I think the photobooth could work as a favor.  I went to a wedding last year that had a photobooth and a favor.  I did not take the favor since it was like a ceramic tile personalized with the B&G's name, wedding date, motif.  I did, however, take about 5 or 6 strips worth of pics from the photobooth.

DH and I and our friends had such a great time with the photobooth.  I'd say just do the photobooth and skip an extra favor.
  • edited December 2011

I was thinking about doing the same thing- the photo strips are my favorite thing to take home from a wedding anyhow. I've never seen photo strips left on the tables after a wedding, but I always see favors left behind. We may also do a donation to a charity instead of favors and the photo booth.

• edited December 2011
    I wouldn't do a favor if you have a photobooth. I read a suggestion somewhere about buying clear bookmark sleeves to put at the photobooth table. That way your guests can protect their pictures. 
  • S_A_FriedelS_A_Friedel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs and wouldn't do a favor if you are doing the photobooth.
  • hhgg1225hhgg1225 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a photobooth at our reception. We ordered the scrapbook with the double prints to use as our guest book. I feel that the photo strips are a great favor. We are doing a candy buffet also mainly because I think its a great idea and we have appx 15 kids at our reception. I wanted our guests to have a little something extra but we are having a relatively small reception so it is with in our budget. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a photobooth but chose not to do the scrapbook with our halves.  We instead put up a few frames in our house with collages of our favorite strips.  Just another idea you could do.

In addition to the photo strips we had had photo strip frames as the favors.  We put those at each seat, and printed out a piece of paper to stick inside.  We did pink paper too to match our colors and stand out on the tables.  We wrote:
    "Thank you for sharing in our wedding day with us.  Please enjoy the photobooth and use this frame to hold the memories of our wedding day," or something very similar.  We found the frames for $.75 each on ebay and they worked out great.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love the idea! We're planning on doing the same for our favors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards