Florida-West Coast
Options

Welcome Bag Ideas?

My FH is from Chicago.  I am from Tampa.

I want to do a welcome bag for the out of town guests (coming from all over), but I am not sure what to put in them.  Anyone have some ideas or seen something they liked before?

Re: Welcome Bag Ideas?

• Options
    kkmcnearkkmcnear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used these tote bags from Oriental Trading Company.  They were great for our Welcome bags and the guests loved them!  They were inexpensive, too!
  • Options
    kmf218kmf218 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can add items that represent where you are both from. You write a welcome note on a piece of paper that looks like a slice of pizza. You can put a little teddy bear in representing the Chicago Bears or get some snack food that reminds your FI of Chicago (never been there so cant think of any food lol). As for Tampa, you can put in some oranges, salt water taffy, key lime cookies, shells. 

My FI and I are doing Welcome bags that have a Florida vibe. I got brown paper bags from Michaels and put a sand filled beach scene on the front. Here are a few pictures: 

They will have salt water taffy from the Sponge Docks, water bottles, a few oranges, tropical flavored tea, a tropical candle, Florida playing cards, local maps, a list of local attractions and restaurants and a large scallop shell with our welcome note on it. We are also including hand sanitizer, homemade rice crispy treats, crackers, gum, travel Tylenol and a travel sewing kit I found at Michaels. 

The best advice I got about making a Welcome bag was to focus on your guests comfort and senses. You can't go wrong if you include food, water and something to keep them busy lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I made hangover kits with tums, bandaids, tylenol, breath mints, and one of those powder gatorade things you can add to a bottle of water. :) 

I also included a bunch of FL related things since that was sort of our wedding theme...orangle slice candy, those key lime coconut patties they always sell at the souvenier shops, goldfish crackers, a mini sunscreen bottle, and I put M&Ms in a baggie and made a tag that said Chocolate Gator Droppings.  I did a bottle of water with a DIY label as well and some granola bars. I also got St. Pete Beach tourist magazines from the chamber of commerce (they shipped them to me for free and even included bags).  Oh, and koozies of course!

The bags were from here:

http://www.discountmugs.com/nc/tote-bags/1082/premium-tote-bag.htm
  • Options
    LuckyHeatherLuckyHeather member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the fantastic ideas!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards