African American Weddings

Bridal Shower RSVP question

. My bridesmaids are throwing it for me and my MOH is the contact person for the people to respond to by calling or emailing her. She told be that not many people have contacted her regarding the shower and the response deadline date is March 1st. Who is responsible for calling people who have not RSVP yet? I told her a while ago that it would her responsibility to call people since she is the acting host. Is this correct because now she told me that she is sick and doesn't have a voice and wants me and/or my FI to call people. I still don't think I should since I'm not the host  and that this should fall on another BM. I'm so confused. Please help. Thanks!

Re: Bridal Shower RSVP question

• edited December 2011
    If she is unable to perform her duties as a host then another bridesmaid should pick up the slack.  For her to think you or your FI should call is totally wrong in my book. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP...one of your BM should take that responsibility.
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• mnm729mnm729 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I agree as well.  Another BM would be most appropriate.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I agree too. Speaking of bridal shower, my MOH has not asked if I wanted one!!!! I am about tired of this gurl.  My other bridesmaid decided that she wanted to catch amnesia and forget that my wedding was coming up and decided to go to Las Vegas with her mom around that time.  Why is she unemployed but can afford to go to Vegas????
  • edited December 2011
    Hi AquaV... Just chiming in.... It is NOT your responsiblity, nor should it even be requested that you or your FI contact anyone regarding their attendance to your Bridalshower..... That is the RESPONSIBILITY OF THE HOST/HOSTESS and her assistants...ie: bridesmaids.... Under no circumstances should it be you..... What are you gonna say..... "Hi..... I'm AquaV and i'm just following up because you haven't responded to BooBoo's invitation to MY BRIDALSHOWER, will you be coming?"..... Mmmmmm Not So Much..... Don't do it.... I hear that she is now a little under the weather... but someone has to take it on... and followup with the folks... she has the masterlist... It should not be you though.... Nope... Don't do it......
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.  I told her it wouldn't be right for me to call people for a party that I'm not throwing and asked her to ask another BM to do it. I'll give her the numbers. So we will see how that goes. I told her about two weeks ago that people rsvp at the last minute anyway so just wait until after the deadline to contact people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards