Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

XP: How many desserts should I provide?

We've opted away from a traditional cake and considered cupcakes, but there are so many delicious bite sized desserts too, so I think we'll be having a variety of choices presented on vintage tiered stands.

I'm thinking at least 3 options. One would likely be cupcakes and the other 2 more bitesized desserts (think cheesecake stuffed strawberries and 3 bite chocolate truffles). I can order those in dozens and the cupcakes in singles.

We're having 57 people total. How much of each dessert should I offer? These things are hard because I don't want to over or under buy.

ETA: Whoops, just noticed this same type of question posted below. It was helpful, but feel free to chime in if you think there is anything else I should consider. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: How many desserts should I provide?

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I think for your desserts, more so than the other poster's, people will take one of each.  A strawberry and a chocolate truffle aren't really stand alone desserts (some people serve a chocolate-covered strawberry with their cake), so I would plan for at least one of each for each person.  Also, none of those desserts are really something someone could take half of, so people will take a whole piece if they want to try it.

I think it sounds very tasty, though!
  • Options
    I initially was going to do the same thing. I have scaled back a bit.

I was going to do a cupcake for everyone, plus extras. And then:
    2 dozen mini cheesecake
    2 dozen chocolate brownie type bars
    4 dozen cake pops

This was going to be my 50 person attendance wedding.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards