Rhode Island

Looking for an amazing photographer....

Hi! My photgrapher search has been harder than I thought . . . I've been in contact with some photgraphers whose portfolios/blogs have amazing pictures and then been pretty dissapointed once I saw a full album.... so I was hoping to get some photographer reccomendations. 

Pictures are SO important to me and I am willing spend $5,000-7,500 for the perfect photographer.  Our venue is strict regarding the amount of time we are allowed on the property before the wedding and we don't want to miss too much of our cocktail hour but I also don't want to sacrifice my pictures at all.   We really want photographers who are experienced and know how to take charge and get things done.  Besides beautiful pictures my other main criteria is having two professional photographers (not one pro and an "assistant").  
Thanks so much!

Re: Looking for an amazing photographer....

• We're using Gabrielle Marks for our wedding.  I absolutely loved her website.  When I contacted her, she gave me access to the complete galleries of several recent weddings to give me a better feel for her work.  When my fiance and I met with Gabrielle and her husband (who works with her as the second photographer) it felt like we were sitting down with friends.  I'm really looking forward to working with them.
  • I highly recommend my photographers, Visual Obsession. The duo, Piotr and Konrad are amazing! We were in total awe at the artistic composition and cohesive narrative they created with our photos. Aside from their skills behind the lens, they are really laid back, easy going, fun loving and playful - which is reflected in their work too. We also had a third shooter, Monika Rose, who is a wonderful person and immensely talented photographer with a great eye for details. Their coverage of our Cambodian-American wedding was so impressive my friends and family still rave about the pictures. 

See reviews below including my own on weddingwire.com

• Justine Johnson! She is an amazing photographer from Maine. She is way below your budget and takes AMAZING pictures! We are so thrilled with how our engagement and wedding photos came out!
    Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
    "Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"
  • We are using Allan Millora Photography out of Newport.  I loved his pictures on his website and the albums he showed us when we met with him.  I highly recommend him!  I love the way our engagement photos came out and cannot wait for the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • We used Olivia Gird and loved her.
  • Scott Zuehlke is phenomenal!  He did our wedding in July '11 and I cannot say enough wonderful things about him.  He's out of Boston and definitely on the pricey side but it was worth every penny.  He had another photographer, Jenny Maloney, with him for our wedding.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Check out our photographers, Zenobia Studios (http://zenobia-studios.com/), they are AMAZING!  Like you, photography was SO important to me and I wanted someone that understood our vision and knew what they were doing. 

Jen and Kendall are both very experienced and made our wedding day a breeze.  They are so much fun to work with and completely put me at ease.  Our pictures are stunning, we have received a ton of compliments and could not be happier.  Plus they turned all pictures to us in under a month, which is unheard of. 

Let me know if you have any questions, I honestly cannot recommend them enough!
  • Thanks for all the advice!
  •  I recommend Caitlin Maloney!

http://caitlinmaloneyphotography.com/

xoxo
    Sarah Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My friend is a photographer. His name is Seth Jacobsen and I love his stuff (photography's a hobby of mine, so I totally get the need for great photos).

You can see other weddings he's done on his website.
  • Options Photography
    http://optionsphotography.com/

Susan and Lynda are amazing!! Check out their website, they do phenomenal work!
  • edited December 2012
    We have a meeting set with The Murphys this coming weekend.  I'm pretty sure we're going to book them just from what we've seen of their work on their blog and the full weddings they sent us.  They are two photographers (husband and wife, which for some reason, I'm drawn to!) so not a photographer and an assistant.  

www.themurphysphoto.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using Andre Blais - he has been great so far and he did a wedding for a friend who loved his work.

www.rhodeislandweddingphotographer.com/
  • I second Allan Millora! Our engagement photos came out amazing!
    ***February Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon Destination - Punta Cana!*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SNAP! Photography (Mariah and Trish) is out of this world - so is BinaryFlips Photography (which is primarily located in Florida and Connecticut but they have traveled to Newport before). All I know is that BInaryflips books up fast so definitely check them out ASAP. They are both great with details and capturing so many breathtaking moments. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards