California-Los Angeles

How much are you paying for:

I am looking to get an idea of what I should be spending on things across the board outside of our wedding venue.

Photography

Videographers

Flowers

DJ

Invites

Beauty: Hair & Makeup (are you going to them or are they coming to you?)

Thank you!

Re: How much are you paying for:

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can only really help you with invites (because my vendors were in FL).  I ordered from Wedding Paper Divas, 100 invites with only the outside envelope, response card and envelope with my return address printed on both envelopes for $300.  I'm sure I could have gone less expensive but at that point of planning I just didn't want to search anymore.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Photography
    About $6000 or so. But we're also going with the most expensive stuff they do.

Videographers
    Still not sure if we'll even do this.

Flowers
    No real idea yet, but I'm thinking it'll land in the $5-6000 range.

DJ
    We're not having a DJ, but a string quartet that will be there for most of the evening. IIRC, that'll be around $3-4000

Invites
    Not sure on this one yet, either.

I'll definitely have them come to me. I only have 2 BMs, which I'll pay for them getting things done also, and I'm figuring on the 3 of us being around $500 + tip.
  • Mellie35Mellie35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Photography - we paid $3000, including our album.

Videographers - We just ordered raw footage for 6 hours for $600.

Flowers - Flowers were about $1600 for everything. I did not want to spend over $2000. But, my wedding was only 80 people.

DJ -  about $1000

Invites -  ordered online for about $250

They came to me. I did not pay for the hair as I used my normal hairdresser and she did everyone's hair as my gift. But, makeup for me, 3 bridesmaids and two moms was $350.
  • edited December 2011
    OMG I didnt think flowers would cost that much!!! Oh Lordie!
    Thanks guys
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Photography: $2,500 - included 8 hours of service, 2 shooters, and an album

Videographers: N/A

Flowers:  $2,100 - 1 bridal bouquet, 6 bridesmaids' boughets, 10 bouts, 4 coursages, and the flowers  for down the aisle, petals, and centerpieces for 160 people.

DJ: $1,600

Invites: around $200 - from Costco!

Beauty: Hair & Makeup (are you going to them or are they coming to you?) Bridesmaid did my makeup for free.  Hair cost $65, included trial and she came to my hotel room.
  • edited December 2011
    Photography - $1700, only for a CD of images no album or prints, not including tip
    Videography - didn't have professionally done
    Flowers - $750, but that was through a friend of a friend. We got a discount and we ONLY did personal flowers (bouquets, bouts, corsages). We did non-floral CPs and didn't do flowers for the ceremony
    DJ - around $900, not including tip
    Invites - a lot. Like, a lot, a lot. Maybe $650? I think I spent around $1000 total on paper stuff. I went a little overboard. The invites were really nice through. They were thermography w/ midori ribbon, lined envelopes and calligraphy.
    Beauty - Not counting the spa day I paid for (the day before the wedding) for me and the BMs to get manis/pedis, I paid around $450, including tip (I think) for my mom and I to get our hair and makeup done. My hair and MUA traveled to me at my hotel.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I did my wedding for under $10,000 in LA for about 90 people and I spent way less than everyone else is projecting for each category.  I did a lot of research for my vendors so I didn't have to skimp out on quality and I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg.

Photography- $1,300 for 2 photographers for 8 hours.  He gave me all of my shots on a disc (5,000 shots!) and I made my own photo albums through My Publisher.  Wayyy cheaper and I got to design it all myself

Videographers- $350.  He shot for 8 hours and gave me the raw footage.  Best choice ever!  We decided to book a videographer at the last minute and we are so glad we did.  We've watch the entire video several times, it's so entertaining!

Flowers- $800- 2 bridal bouquets, 5 bm, 4 gm, groom, and flowers for the parents and grandparents.  Also 10 centerpieces, the cake flowers and an arch for the ceremony.  roses, calla lillies, and hypercium berries

DJ- $900- amazing dj

Invites- 100 invites for about $125.  I made them with my aunt and cousin and they were beautiful and one of a kind

Beauty: Hair & Makeup (are you going to them or are they coming to you?)- went to them $250

Good luck!

• DodgersBrideDodgersBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister got her flowers from one of the shops in flower district and I thought she got a good deal. She paid $900 with delivery to the reception in Cerritos.

33 centerpieces
    5 BM bouquets
    9 GM and parent bouts
    2 bridal bouquet
  • edited December 2011
    I am looking to get an idea of what I should be spending on things across the board outside of our wedding venue.
    PhotographyWe are looking at about $2,100 for our photographer
    Videographers$100 - A Film Major friend of ours offered to film our wedding.
    FlowersWe are working with a planner, so we don't know how much yet
    DJWe are working with a planner, so we don't know how much yet
    InvitesWe are working with a planner, so we don't know how much yet
    Beauty: Hair & Makeup (are you going to them or are they coming to you?)I've set aside ~$300 for myself, they will come to me.
    November11 Siggy challenge: You and your fiance!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• edited December 2011
    Photography- about 3000 (thanks brides rally!!)

Videographers (n/a we decided between video and photobooth. photobooth won)

Flowers- $600 and had MORE than i needed for 100 guest reception

DJ- Ovation entertainment- dj michael McNeil- $1000ish maybe slightly less, but he was AMAZING.

Invites- $300 for the full suites STD, invites, rsvp through costo- though they don't use evites anymore. they have a discount on paper divas now

Beauty: Hair & Makeup (are you going to them or are they coming to you?)$400 went to them (saved $150)
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We are planning a wedding 50-60 guests and here are some rough estimates of costs for the vendor services in question:

Photography - $2500 (unlimited time and images; all images on CD to us; highlight video of the day)I will pay WHATEVER price he charges because I love his work that much.

Videographers - may be a gifted service to me

Flowers - gifted service, but the retail cost is around $2500

DJ - $650 (discounted price as a gift to us)

Invites - $250 (wholesale cost)

Our whole wedding will cost around $7500. Priority areas for us are food, photography, flowers and music. Hope this helps.

Anniversary
  • whedonesquewhedonesque member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photography - $1500 including album

No Videographer.

Flowers - a little under $1000, everything included except ceremony decor.

DJ - $1000 for 8 hours

Invites - $60

Not sure on beauty/hair yet.
    There is nothing nobler or more admirable than when two people who see eye to eye keep house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends.
  • lschmiedgelschmiedge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lnc0185 - you said you planned your wedding in LA for under $10000 for 90 ppl. Do you mind me asking where you had your ceremony and reception?? I'm having about 100 ppl and want to keep it around the same price.  Thanks in advance!!
  • edited December 2011
    We paid $4,300 for our photographer.  We got the top package.  Hazelnut photography

Florist -- we did a backyard wedding theme so we did a lot of single stem flowers it ended up being around or under 2k.  Flower Allie in Fullerton was our florist.

Our DJ was 1k.  Joey Inez -- the mixterious force.

and our invites were custom made pocketfold invitations by a fellow knottie who has her own business now.  We paid a about $3.00 per invite and she even personally addressed each guest by name on each response card!  Matinae Studio Design.
    I recommend all of my vendors! =]

Also, hair & mua i recommend My Addiction Hair & Makeup.  They have a blog and facebook page.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards