Florida-West Coast

DJs - suggestions/pricing?

Hey ladies,

I got my first quote from a DJ last night, and I couldn't believe how much he quoted! He quoted $800 for 4 hours of reception, plus $100 for a second smaller setup for the beach ceremony. I honestly expected it to be more like $500. It's damn near double. Is this the going rate? Can anyone make suggestions for someone in the Fort Myers/Naples area and advise how much to expect to pay? Aside from the pricing, I didn't get the best feeling about this DJ so I need other options.

Thanks so much! I'm sad it's so much more than I expected. I don't know if I can work that in the budget, but I can't go musicless. Also, there was a bad experience with the iPod reception for my sister's wedding so I'd prefer not to go that route if I don't have to. TIA!

Re: DJs - suggestions/pricing?

• edited December 2011
    I paid $990.00 for 6 hours plus our DJ officiated our wedding and did ceremony music. I used Rob Sword and he was awesome!! I did have to pay a traveling fee so depending on where you are you might not have to with him. I got married in Fort Myers.

GL :)
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a quote from Grant Hemond and Associates for $595 that included 4 hours fro reception and 1,5 hrs for ceremony and cocktail hour'm pretty sure, don't have the quote infront of me) They waived the set up fee since my wedding was a Friday. Don't know what day your wedding is.
  • Brandles17Brandles17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Frank Lebano and Co quoted me $495 for a 4 hour reception. For $645 I am getting ceremony music, cocktail hour, and a 4 hour reception. HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Website
    199image 155image 44image 0image
    RSVP by September 22, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input.

Babybchbum and Brandles - big sigh of relief! Thanks so much. I'm going to contact both of them. Ours will be a Friday also. Friday the 13th, as a matter of fact. So, I'm hoping that works in our favor since I don't imagine it being a high demand date for a wedding! YAY, you guys made my day. Thanks again girls!!!!!

ETA: I just realized they are both in Tampa area which is pretty far from where we'll be, so I'll have to inquire about a travel fee. That might explain the disparity in pricing....I've heard Tampa area vendors are much more affordable than Ft. Myers/Naples area ones.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Tony Lange from Grant Hemond & Assoc.  www.granthemond.com
    They were (BY FAR) the most reputable and professional company I found.  We wanted something a little more low key.  And Grant Hemond has about 12 or so DJ's on staff.  We interviewed 3 and they were all great!  You're probably looking in the ballpark of $600-$800 depending on how many hours.  Also, keep in mind that most companies charge special set up fees if it's outside or on the beach, if you want special lighting, etc.  But DON'T be afraid to negotiate! GL!
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • dsantos1010dsantos1010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used felix the DJ and paid $950 and included lighting, Gobo, Extra speakers. He's on my facebook page and I saw he just did an event in Naples so I can't imagine why he wouldn't go to Ft Myers! He did an awesome job with everything!

• Roltide75Roltide75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_djs-suggestionspricing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:3a949d83-cb75-44b8-bd85-c6d98654c481Post:87e727f1-108c-4f5e-a633-ac17387b0b03">Re: DJs - suggestions/pricing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using Tony Lange from Grant Hemond & Assoc.  <a href="http://www.granthemond.com" rel="nofollow">www.granthemond.com</a> They were (BY FAR) the most reputable and professional company I found.  We wanted something a little more low key.  And Grant Hemond has about 12 or so DJ's on staff.  We interviewed 3 and they were all great!  You're probably looking in the ballpark of $600-$800 depending on how many hours.  Also, keep in mind that most companies charge special set up fees if it's outside or on the beach, if you want special lighting, etc.  But DON'T be afraid to negotiate! GL!
    Posted by Bre2Be[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>We used them</div><div>Guests are still raving over the DJ~ the dance floor was filled all night long.</div><div>Very professional, very aware of what the guests were enjoying music wise, met with couple prior to discuss likes/ dislikes of music.  NO COMPLAINTS at all with this vendor!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Hey- We are using Rob Sword but I also heard great things about Ron Rutz. Not sure about his rates though. I also checked out Black Tie Entertainment who are supposed to be good but they were on the high end. You never know- with your date, you may get a break! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards