Second Weddings

I'm crazy. it's official!

With 25 days to go until our small immediate family only civil ceremony on December 20th, we found out yesterday morning that our location for our June 4th festivities fell through (AGAIN).

In previously looking at other locations in our area/budget, the menus or whatever didn't suit us/couldn't afford it etc.. So I'd tossed around the idea of just doing everything in December again...(we had previously discussed just doing everything all at once, not thinking about doing a weekday wedding prior to my moment of inspiration yesterday)

Well to make a long day very short we now have a new wedding date for Monday Deceber 20th, 2010, with 70 people invited. Our colors are ivory, gold and silver with a little bit of burgendy and hunter green (he's wearing his dress uniform)

We couldn't have it on a weekend as he's only home the 18th-1st and my work won't let me request any more time off for his leave than I have already and with other plans already in place we are leaving our wedding on that Monday, in the evening so as many people as possible can attend the ceremony and dinner reception. We are not having alcohol/bridal party/ or music(at least so far no on music.)

Ceremony and Recption locations are set
Invites are being DIY printed this weekend by my best friend EVER!
center piece ideas are flowing
My dress is being altered on Monday the 29th.
Working on caterer, should be done tomorrow-NOT! have a hiccup, regrouping or at least trying to.

my working todo list since I lose papers :S
~church is booked, need to meet with the pastor yet to finalize ceremony. no decorations or flowers needed it's all decorated for Christmas.
~reception- at church hall, immediately following ceremony. thinking about doing christmas lights in straight lines across ceiling so everything kind of glowy, with TONS of candles everywhere , figuring out center pieces as I go, will have cohesive look but all be different (I think) white linens with silver and gold table overlays with dark red overlays for our couple family tables. got little boxes of chocolate for favors/placecards...going to wrap sheer ivory ribbon around them with a tag that on one side has table number & name, other side has our names with wedding date and thank you.
~photographer-email to change date, hopefully works out, otherwise family friends will help me out, need to email to figure out date to meet to discuss what we want shot-wise
~cake/cupcakes-geting from local grocery store, vanill aand chocolate with white frosting with white sugar crystals around edge so they sparkle?? not sure yet..
~food-talking with caterers to figure it out, most won't deliver hmm
~flowers-need to find someone to do bouquet/bouts/and corsages.
~attire-headpiece is ordered, garters are shipping/ dress is being altered on monday at 5pm/need to decide what I'm wearing under dress and decide which shoes I'm wearing.
-decided which shoes, and in what order in case they make my feet hurt.
~beauty-Laura/me doing make up, hair-done! 1030am appt at my hotel...
~invites-mock up done, Laura printing this weekend, addressing next week go out immediately, wedding website/phone/email RSVP, with insert for explaination
~candy buffet-vases already purchased/borrowed, getting candy this weekend. possibly making little christmas cookies to wrap for one vase if we have time.

Hotel is booked for the days we need it. my invites look AMAZING! Laura did a fantastic job:
will upload pic when I can...its a pdf anyone know how?

I think thats it for right now....thanks for the space to vent/update!!

I'm not crazy...Just in love <3

p.s. am I missing anything?? hmm (besides a reality check! LOL)

Thanks for reading!! :)

Re: I'm crazy. it's official!

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, I have to admit ... I didn't read the whole post ... just up to the part where you're having a big group on the December date and then I skipped the list (to do lists make me paranoid!) .. but saw the smiley at the end.  Embarassed

Hang in there!!  I wish you the best and an crossing my fingers that everything turns out as you wish.  Good luck!
  • AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you have it covered sweetie - hang in there and you will be through it and it will be just lovely!  Post us some pics and recap when you can after the holidays.

I am jealous - I wish mine was so close (not really LOL) . 

Congrats!!!
    Anniversary
  • micheleq1702micheleq1702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mailed the invites out today and there is a TON of stuff in my old bedroom at my moms that needs to somehow get to the church haha....

Everything completely set, I will definately be back after the holidays, well more like after the first of January, thats when my hubby goes back to Germany for a few more months, but I should have a ton of pictures back by then :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards