Florida-Central Florida
Options

Wedding day babysitters?

I'm having my wedding at the LMEC and most of my guests are from out of town.   Kids are not invited to the wedding but many of my cousins have children.  I've been getting a lot of inquiries about babysitters.  I have a hotel block at the Lake Mary Marriott and they don't have sitters on site or recommend babysitters because of liability reasons.  Do I try to find babysitters for my cousins?  Do I let them figure it out on their own?  Is anyone else running into this issue?  I don't have any children so I'm not familiar with babysitters in the area.  Does anyone know of any good babysitters that would be interested in watching 5-7 children at a hotel for about 6 hours?  I want all my guests to be able to attend the wedding, but I wish I didn't have to add the stress of finding childcare to my wedding to-do list. 

Re: Wedding day babysitters?

• Options
    andee1353andee1353 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try your church. They may have some teenagers that work in the church school that also sit. Do you know a high school teacher or the parent of one of your friends may be one. They may know of kids that usually babysit. If you leave this to your guests it will be an unwelcome issue as the time draws closer.
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they are asking, I would try to recommend someone for them. Otherwise, I would not offer up front. If you personally knew and trusted someone, they would be best, otherwise I'd try to find someone that is certified in CPR, I would think there would be some sort of company that you could go through. You don't want to think something would go wrong, but it's always better to be safe!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if I lived in town I would offer (being cpr and american red cross certified) or find someone for you that could.  Check dout local churches high school youth groups.  You would need a 2 to 3 max babysitters for 7 children. If one guest has a larger room you could put them all together or have seperate rooms.  I would interview the babysitters of course first. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you renting the whole building at the LMEC? If so, could you have the kids there in the confrence room? They have that huge projector you could play movies on, and that way the parents would be onsite if anything came up. That's what we're doing for our wedding. We'll probably have one of the teens at my church babysit. Another option is a professional sitting service, I know they exist. Maybe google it, they have liability insurance & extensive background checks done. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kids Nite Out is the company Disney works with for hotel babysitting, but they also do private clients. We are posting it on our website for our guests who don't want to bring their kids along.

http://www.kidsniteout.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married at LMEC at my DOC recommended using the conference room for kids to hang out in.  You could have a couple of people in there to watch the kids.  They could play games, watch movies, etc.

I am leaning toward having the parents get sitters for their kids though.  I am in the same boat though not knowing of any sitters so I googled sitter services in Orlando and Kids Nite Out was one of the first results.  I sent the list to my Matron of Honor (she has a 4 year old and 8 month old) to decide who she would like to use.  She said she would obviously like to speak with them and make a decision. 
  • Options
    ValeryValery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have an amazing babysitter that goes to a christian college in lakeland and her family lives in Orlando. If your interested in her information and want to interview her I would be more than happy to give you her info. She is doing the babysitting for my wedding. I have a 5 yr old son and no children are invited to my wedding, besides my son and then she is taking him so I dont have to worry about him. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    emattchenemattchen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the help.  Luckily one of my co-workers uses a babysitter that she highly recommended and she is available on my wedding date.  Phew, crisis averted!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second "Kids Night Out" that way you know that the people who will be watching your children are trained and certified in a variety of things.  I work part time at the house of mouse and we recommend to guests that don't wish to use our on site services that they use "KNO." The company sends people out to check on the sitters and they preform background checks.  I've had many friends work for "KNO" and they were always talking about how the company checked up on them and tried to match them to families. 
  • Options
    happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wondered the same thing.  Thanks ladies for siting Kids Night Out.  I will be checking them out.  I'm not local so this tip is a great one for me.

This is a great idea!
    80 said yes image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards