Colorado-Denver
Options

When did you book your venue?/ New knot

I really miss the knot! I rarely get on becuase it takes forever to load!
School is on break next week so I'm starting to think about wedding things again! :)  How far in advance did you book your venue?  I'm about a year and a half from the big day and have a place I'm really interested in.

Re: When did you book your venue?/ New knot

• Options
    kjyoung9kjyoung9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like a summer wedding - if that's the case, you should probably book ASAP.  Each place is different, but generally the standard rule of a year applies, but since summer is always more busy, you definitely want more time on your side, especially if you want a traditional Saturday wedding.  Good luck!
    Kelly & Kevin, Denver, CO 10.22.10

MyBio

Photobucket

• Options
    AmyO.AmyO. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked ours a year out.  If you are in love with a place, book as soon as you can.  Some places fill up quickly.  Others rates go up evey year.  You could save some $$ by booking early!  :)
  • Options
    Jade0085Jade0085 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Good info! We are going back in January so hopefully it works out!

• Options
    edited December 2011

We booked our venue 14 months out.  We started looking at venues the weekend after we got engaged and it took us a little bit to find something we both liked that was affordable. Make sure you do a cost analysis of all the places that you like to make sure it truly fits in your budget.  some places look affordable until you add hidden fees, catering minimums, and other items that you can only use house.  Once things are aligned, book it.

68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it took us about a good month to find a place.  After that it took a few more weeks to finally decide that was the venue.  We booked about 10-11 months out.  The venue also had limited sat night still available.

If your interested, have the venue, "pencil you in."  That way you secure your day.  Then scehdule a day to go visit the venue. 
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Jade0085Jade0085 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! ;) I am penciled in for my date at Cathedral Pines, anyone hear anything good/bad about them?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards