Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Quest about cost of honeymoon

Hi, my fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the last week in september. We are thinking of going to St. Johns, Anguilla, or possibly Antigua.

We arent set on AI, but if we dont go AI how much do you think we should budget for food? We will prob have a couple relaxing days but we also want to do a lot of excursions and were having a hard time figuring out costs/how much to budget. We want to go for 7 nights.

Any inpurt would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Re: Quest about cost of honeymoon

• Options
    There aren't any AIs on St. John (assuming you meant St. John since you also call out Antigua separately) or Anguilla. Since there are so many options and we don't know when you are going or where you are coming from, I recommend going on to Expedia or Travelocity, plug in your travel dates for 7 nights, and see what each resort costs. As for food, it depends on how you want to eat each day, if the resort includes breakast if not AI, and how much you tend to drink. I'd budget no less than $100/day at the very minmum, though.

• Options
    As the PP above said I wouldn't budget less than $100 per day, and that's not including excursions.  If the resort is not all inclusive check if they offer breakfast, which is one less thing to think about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_quest-about-cost-of-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:c3d71943-2dd1-4e60-a6b9-99f2e80f5fd0Post:3a5ab489-5d53-4fd8-8072-c2254d491e31">Re: Quest about cost of honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]There aren't any AIs on St. John (assuming you meant St. John since you also call out Antigua separately) or Anguilla. Since there are so many options and we don't know when you are going or where you are coming from, I recommend going on to Expedia or Travelocity, plug in your travel dates for 7 nights, and see what each resort costs. As for food, it depends on how you want to eat each day, if the resort includes breakast if not AI, and how much you tend to drink. I'd budget no less than $100/day at the very minmum, though.
    Posted by Jells2dot0[/QUOTE]

ditto. allinclusiveoutlet.com is also a good resource.

you can see exactly how much it costs.

and there are no AI on St. John, USVI. St. John's is the capital of Antigua. just be careful when you book flights. there was a girl on here who booked to st johns and should've booked to st john.

• Options
    The title makes me think you are going on a quest... hehe.

Most things in the Caribbean tend to be more expensive then you would spend in the US. So if you were eating out every meal in the US how much do you think you would spend? Then I would add at least 50% more.

• Options
    Sorry should have been more specific. We know the general cost of flights and hotels..we plugged into expedia and orbitz so we know the range. We just wanted to try and figure out above the cost of flight hotel. I was hoping someone might have been to one of those islands and could give an estimate on what they spent daily Woops..Definitely a typo I meant USVI St. John..with no s. :
  • Options
    I  love St John USVI.  So much I lived there for 6 years.    St John is expensive.  The power company just raised it rates to 54 cents a KWH (average in the states is like 11).  They are about to raise them again.    Because of that and having to import tings and  not a lot of land because of the national park it gets pricey.

inexpensive dinners run about $21 for entrees.  Nicer restaurants average in the 30's.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Where do you like to eat at home?  Where do you like to eat on vacation? Somewhere in the answer to those Qs is the amount you should budget for food.  If you are high end diners who like expensive wine, it will cost more than if you want to eat fish tacos on the beach.  Will you go out for breakfast every morning?  Will you order room service?  Will you buy some local fruit, eat that & be happy?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards