Plus-Sized
Options

Dreading dress shopping

I'm absolutely terrified to go dress shopping. To the point that I want to just skip the wedding all together and just hit town hall. I' don't want to see back fat or my jiggly arms. I am afraid I'm not going to find a dress long enough I'm really tall. I'm afraid of having a wardrobe malfunction in the front. I don't know what to do.

Re: Dreading dress shopping

• Options
    I went to Davids Bridal.. the lady knew what would look good on a body type.. she explained the style I liked would atually make me look bigger.. She showed me what style to look for and I can out with a beautiful dress. 
  • Options
    youre over thinking it, ive noticed wheneve ri look at wedding photos , skinny, or plus size the bride always looks seriously beautiful, its the guinene happiness that shines through the camera
  • Options

Sunshine...I see you are from Rhode Island. Go to Boticelli on Mineral Spring AVe, in North Providence. Amazing experience. Dresses are only size 14 and up. You need to make an appointment for bridal consults. I had SO much fun trying on dresses there and found one I feel great in! By the way I am 5'11". Not sure what you mean by really tall, but I'm taller than most... Good Luck :)
  • Options
    Thank you Jenny! I'll keep that in mind. I'm 6 ft tall so thats a concern I have :)
  • Options
    Sunshine -- I just bought my dress from Bridal & Gift in North Attleboro, MA (20 mins from Providence).  They have a great selection of dresses in larger sizes and the consultants were great to work with.  I got the rec for B&G from another bride on the RI board.
  • Options

6 feet is fine. Dresses are made to fit us in length! Just wear flats...makes for less alterations. Good luck, and I honestly can't recommend Boticelli enough! I felt like a princess, the owner is great :)
  • Options
    I am 5'10" and I was able to wear a low heel (about 2") and no have to deal with hemming my dress.  Being tall makes for cheaper alterations!  ;) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! I appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards