Wedding Woes
Options

Menu Help

I'm playing trophy wife tomorrow and hosting dinner for a bunch of bigwigs from various companies that DH and his coworker are trying to sweet-talk. The good news for me is that the one of the bigwigs is apparently a great cook, so he wants to come over and make palella. I just need to provide the kitchen. I do want to have an appetizer, a dessert, and maybe some sort of side dish (does palella require a side-dish?). Suggestions?

Everything needs to be eat on the couch friendly, because you know we don't have a table.

Re: Menu Help

• Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I consider some sort of roll-up a staple appetizer, but I know it's not very impressive.

I LURVE pots de la creme as a quick and easy go to, make ahead decadent dessert:
    http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipes/detail.asp?id=3812&page=1&per=897
    (the recipies go up in fancy-ness level from there)

I thought paella was it's own side dish kinda?  unless you want to add rolls of some sort?
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

Maybe some olives, cheese and crackers, or an antipasto platter.  I don't think you need a side except maybe bread or a salad?

Flan for dessert?  with sliced strawberries.  Or simple strawberry shortcake.

• Options
    manchego cheese, quince paste, marinated olives and a good crusty bread.

for dessert, don't you still have some super special cream puffs lying around? 
    kidding aside, i would serve those, topped with some kind of fudgy sauce or dulce de leche on top.
  • Options
    Those chocolate things look divine.

And I don't think paella requires much of a side dish. Cheese, salad, bread is all I would add.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Those chocolate cups look amazing. I'm doing that.
  • Options
    I've never had Paella, so I'm no help. This just reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George's mom cooks all that Paella for the Seinfelds and then they dont come to dinner so she runs around the whole episode saying "I have all this PAELLA!! What am I gonna do with all this PAELLA?!?!"
  • Options
    I always think of that too, CW.

I also think about getting Paella on my honeymoon and hating it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    For an appetizer why don't you make ceviche with toasted crusty bread slices and for dessert flan with dulce de leche. They are impressive and relatively easy, and you can prepare them ahead of time and chill them, that way you have more time to prepare the house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards