Illinois-Chicago
Options

Looking for a reasonably-priced caterer

Hi everyone -

We're getting married in Chicago next summer and I would love some recommendations on caterers that are reasonably priced (or even inexpensive!).

Thanks!

Re: Looking for a reasonably-priced caterer

• Options
    We used Mario's Events in Worth, IL www.mariosevents.com and were very satisfied! The food was good, and the event was executed beautifully. They are reasonably priced.

We had 95 people and had 5 course family dinne. 3 hour open full  bar, champaine on 10 tables (it was very good!) cake, Ice cream,  coffee service, 2 sweet trays, linen, all china, glassware, flatware. They wil supply table numbers and set up your wedding favors as well. We paid about 5,500 for all of that! That is including extra money for clean up crew at our venue,( because they required it) and 250 for liquor license and insurance,(this was specifec only to our venue, probably not at other venues)
    It was tons of food and they boxed up everything not eaten for us to take home.
    The cake was not fancy, but pretty and very simple and tasty.
    They did a great job executing everything... highly recommend!
  • Options

dimples12882 I am searching for a caterer as well.  For a count of 110 guests with me and my fiancée providing our own linens and ALL liquor and beverages I have been quoted between $10,000 and $17,000 and I just know this can't be the norm unless I'm just out of touch with cost.  It is excessively frustrating!!

Thanks alphabride, I will check them out today.

PBslilchocgirl
  • Options
    ncwenzencwenze member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    hi alpha bride. i  sent you a pm a while ago asking what your experience was with mario's. it seems like they have great prices. would you mind if i contact you with questions?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ncwenze: I gave my personal email addy at the bottom of my reply to you on PM please feel free to contact me with questions there. Did you see my reply?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    They are a solid vendor with many years experience and dont' break the bank, that is why I was able to spend more on other wedding related items.

One thing I did forget until I reviewed the website again, is that they only suggest a gratuity of 6% -15% to be paid in cash at the end of the event. They don't automatically add 18% and make you pay that up front. That was a huge selling point for us. If you go with them, remember to only pay the tip on the actual food and liquor price, not tthe tax or set up and delivery.

OUr bartender was great! Very fast, and asked if she could put a tip jar on the bar.
    I said yes and glad I did cause everyone raved she was great. So she made tips too which I don't mind for great service.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards