Favors

Are they in or not??

I've noticed the last  couple of weddings I have been to, there havent been any favors. So my question is do I do favors? Are they still in or have brides strained away from them???

Re: Are they in or not??

• Favors are completely optional.   A lot of brides who are on a budget choose not to do them because they can get expensive.  Also, a lot of brides have realized that kitchy stuff like coasters, votive candles, or anything with the couple's name and wedding date on it are more likely to ge thrown away and are a big waste of money.

If you do choose to do favors, I recommend something edible like candy, cookies, cupcakes, etc.  Local delicacies are great (like saltwater taffy, custom chocolates, etc).
    DSC_9275
  • We went to a local winery where you can make your own batches.  We're giving 1/4 size (basically 1 glass) of hand-crafted Apple Resiling for the adults, and personalized suckers for the <21.
  • I had originally put in a request with a baker friend for seashell cookies. Then we were going to have a sweets bar since we don't have a huge cake and a selection of mini desserts. It just so happened we won a photobooth for the whole time of the reception so they can take photos and they get a copy as do we. This has become more popular lately.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • I don't think giving favors goes out of style as they are just a cute thank you gift that you can remember the day by.  If you can afford them I think it is something nice to do but if not its not a big deal as they are optional.  Depending on how many people you are inviting and how many favors you will need there are some great deals on TK wedding shop.  

We purchased 200 heart shaped tea infusers and that brought the price down to 2.25/piece and then we reicved another 20 percent off because they had a promotion going on so including shipping it was less than 2 dollars per person
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:715b5010-337f-4a99-ac1d-72229acb97c7Post:feee51dd-3034-43a6-9668-10d7a98df431">Re: Are they in or not??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think giving favors goes out of style as they are just a cute thank you gift that you can remember the day by.  If you can afford them I think it is something nice to do but if not its not a big deal as they are optional.  Depending on how many people you are inviting and how many favors you will need there are some great deals on TK wedding shop.   <strong>We purchased 200 heart shaped tea infusers and that brought the price down to 2.25/piece and then we reicved another 20 percent off because they had a promotion going on so including shipping it was less than 2 dollars per person
    </strong>Posted by Hilraythebride[/QUOTE]

I would MUCH rather that $400+ go towards better food, more alcohol, or more time with the band/dj.  Those things are far more memorable than some little trinket. 
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • We're just doing chocolates in white favor boxes, tied with ribbon that matches my color (which is still undecided). Its something simple but it also has meaning to us...anyone that knows us, knows that FI and myself are totally chocoholics! LOL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I concur with your other comments!  It's the easiest item to remove when on a budget, especially if you feel your money might be wasted.  I am a parnter in a small chocolate company.  We work with the bride and groom to meet their budget.  We make handmade cream filled chocolates in 12 flavors.  You can buy in bulk and dress these chocolates up yourself or just put out a plate at each table or you can package them yourself to save money.  If your interested please view our website at
    sweetandsinfulchocolateco.weebly.com

Thank you and best of luck to both of you!
    Melody
  • I love chocoholics.  Come check out our website and think about using us for your next great event that requires chocolates.  Or better yet, just for yourself!

sweetandsinfulchocolateco.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards