Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Budget Wedding... Help!

Okay, so I am very new to all the wedding planning.  My fiance and I are wanting a wedding in either March or April of next year, and have a budget of $10,000.  We are looking at 150-200 people, mostly family.  I am looking for advice on venues and photographers. Please help!!
-Cyndi

Re: Budget Wedding... Help!

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome!  There's a "Budget Friendly Venues" post a little ways down this page for suggestions on venues.
  • Options
    prlmrg08prlmrg08 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also had a budget wedding with about 120 people and stayed under $5000.

For cake  I used www.swankycakes.com also a good cake vendor that is reasonable is Lisa's Creative Cakes.

For photographer I used www.ljphotos.com but also love www.sixfourteenphotography.com

For video I used www.aekegg.com

For Venue... I used my church and that saved me a ton of money because we did ceremony and reception at the same place.

I had a Friday wedding which saved me a ton of money as well because I got a better deal with vendors because of them not already being booked.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!

We were able to have the best of both worlds (very nice venue & great food) and stay in budget by having our wedding on a Friday night.   Many venues, DJ's, maybe photographers, etc. . will give you discounts because they generally don't have as many requests for Fridays.

Not sure if that helps much, but I would definitely ask about it when you inquire with various venues/vendors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also had a budget wedding. Spent around $13K for 225 guest. I used a DIY venue that allowed me to bring in my own vendors such as caterer and alcohol. Let me know if I can be of any help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats def can happen! There are alot of vendors who are doing great work and very affortable. Try sixfourteen photography, they did our engagements and it was wonderful to work with Colton. The Cotton Mill in Mckinney is  a nice venue, Winfrey Point by White Rock is affortable and Atriums is too.

If you look at Bdettecrow bio, she had her wedding at Winfrey Point and it was gorgeous! You can bring in your own cater and alcohol. The venue books quickly.

Catering - I just posted about looking for affortable catering and the girls gave me excellent recs, so you can look on there to find some affortable catering companies.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My budget was also 10K so I know it can be done

Check out K & S Photography. They can work with your budget plus their photos are amazing.  www.kandsphoto.net

Like PP there is a post about budget friendly venues.  Another option is to host your wedding on a Friday or Sunday.  Venues give discounts for those days and other vendors might as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our budget is 10K and we have found a way to stay way below that and have a Saturday evening wedding.  We are using Robinannephoto.com for pics, creative memories for the cakes, nice guys catering, and our ceremony and reception are at the same place and the only things we had to get outside of the cost of the chapel and reception site was the flowers for wedding party only, caterer, cakes, dj, and photographer.  Everything else the chapel takes care off, like the chapel decorations and all the linens and everything for the reception area.  Depends on whether you want to get married Dallas or Fort Worth area.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm certainly not saying you can't have a Saturday wedding and have a 10K budget ( I did as well)  It was simply a suggestion on a way to save money.  Sorry if that upset anyone. I did not mean to.

I also had my wedding at Winfrey Point. You can view my pictures here http://kandsphoto.smugmug.com/Trevor-and-Elizabeth
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Colleyville Center is nice and is only $1000--they let you bring in your own caterer and alcohol.

We are getting our wedding cake for $1.50/slice from Tabitha Ballard--the tasting was really good and the price is awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a budget of about 10k as well with about 100 people.  I am getting married on a Saturday night at The Atrium at Granville in Garland.  I am doing ceremony and reception there.  You have to use one of there "preferred caterers", but they have expensive to inexpensive on the list.  The also let you bring your own alcohol, which is  a HUGE money saver.  Hope this helps!  Good Luck!!
  • Options
    lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just did a cake tasting with Market Street (the grocery store in Colleyville) and they had excellent prices and good cakes. We actually had a tasing with a bakery a few days later and prefered the Market Street cake. We are getting the entire three tier square cake to serve 100 for around $200.

If the idea of grocery store wedding cake is just too much for you, Texas Star Bakery (not the bakery I mentioned above...lol) in Euless is also very reasonable.

Like the PPs, I also recommend Friday dates. Most venues offer a decent savings, some over $1000.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    country clubs often have good prices on reception venues and sometimes the cermony as well. they do the catering and the decorating and clean up without usually charging for stuff like clean up that some other places charge you an arm and a leg for "extras". obviously friday weddings are cheaper, but saturday early times are often much cheaper than saturday nights as well. churches are often cheaper for the cermony and you don't usually have to decorate very much. diy for the little stuff can save a ton - such as favors and invites and such. etsy.com is always a good place to find good deals. once you set your budget, you should be able to find a good photgrapher in your price range, but call way in advance - they book up quick!!!! i'm using daydream photography in mansifeld.

just wondering... when people talk about their budget... are they including the honeymoon or rehearsal dinner in the price?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to all of you who have selflessly shared information and advice on how to have a budget-efficient wedding.   But following up on the points made by Bridgetlb, I also think it will be helpful for a struggling bride to get a breakdown of everything in your 5K or 10K?  Were your rings, honeymoon, postage, etc. included in the budget you are talking about?    TIA
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone.  You have NO idea how much this is helping!
    @cc1019 - Did they provide any chairs or linens?

@bridgetlb - Our budget is solely for the wedding.  My fiancee's parents are covering the rehearsal and honeymoon expenses.

@SarahandAlex - did 614 photography have an option to have 2 camera men?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In my 13K budget everything was included except homeymoon and rehearsal dinner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards