Kentucky

transportation

So we are getting married in Lexington on Derby Day...not being from Lexington, I didn't realize that Derby Day is quite an event there as well (and people stay in Lex and drive to Louisville!)  So we're running into hotel issues, but the problem now is there are NO shuttles/limos/buses available.  We were going to have shuttles from the hotel to the ceremony/reception venue.  Does anyone have any creative ideas of what to do?  We are looking at places in Cincinnati, but they are booked too!  Thinking of renting passenger vans ourselves (if there are any of THOSE left), but how/where to find drivers?  Help!

Re: transportation

• edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Blue Ribbon Charters, they are super great people.  You may also want to check about bus/limo/shuttle companies in other areas (i.e. Nicholasville, RIchmond, Frankfort, Georgetown).  Where is your venue, is there a certain reason for needing shuttles? IMO I think that guest are completely capable of driving themsleves unless you are thinking they will all get super drunk.  And you could run into issues if you have a large number of guest and not enough shuttles running.  You could also look at getting cab service if that is the case. 
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the reply!  I think we found a company in Cincinnati...pricey, but I guess my fault for not realizing what we were getting into!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards