September 2012 Weddings

Two checks in one day

So I'm finally making myself stop, sit down and get things going. With that said I have two (minor) checks and three sub-checks done!

Registries through Macys and through Target are finished! It was a gruelling process, since we are limited on space and we've lived together for three and a half years already. But, things like towels are something I drool over.

Wedding website is finally finished! It's not really pretty, but the bones are there and it gets the job done! http://ourdecowedding.weebly.com/

The guest list is (mostly) finished and I created a rather in-depth finance spreadsheet and found something out- I've been panicking about costs for no reason. We are well within budget. Hurrah!

Finally, I created a list of 75 songs including the processional, recessional, father-daughter song, intro and first dance. Woot!

Now for the cake and food tasting in a week. Things are moving!

How are you ladies doing?

Re: Two checks in one day

• Awesome checks! You sound like you are ahead of the game which must feel great. Good luck with the upcoming checks! We booked our honeymoon this weekend and we also started on the frames for the reception tables. I had the motivation to do it, and its one less thing to do later on. Next up for us is the tasting with the caterer, I'm pretty sure we're doing that this week. Lots of checks.... I didn't do much WR things for awhile, but now I'm getting back into the swing of things.
    September 2012: May Sig
    Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ Eek: Where is your honeymoon? We are booking the flights for ours hopefully within the next two weeks. :)
  • Yay. I'm almost finished our scrabble pillows.
  • Great job! I should be getting my STDs this week, then I can address them and get them sent out. Next big thing on my list is to book the florist, so hopefully I can start making appointments in the next week or so.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_two-checks-one-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:c6da9d70-4d26-43b0-b21e-716a1f063118Post:e501af78-bffd-4731-a58d-78bc74fc7d29">Re: Two checks in one day</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ Eek: Where is your honeymoon? We are booking the flights for ours hopefully within the next two weeks. :)
    Posted by SunBear22[/QUOTE]

We're going to the Excellence in PuntaCana. We looked at lots of places, but that resort looked so nice and with airfare we're still under budget! Can't beat that :) Do you know where you're going?
    September 2012: May Sig
    Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on the checks! I need to sit down and review our budget again. It gets overwhelming at times! I also picked up a few things to try and make the "smore love" banner for our table. Hope it comes out okay. Also, I may have found the dj! SO frickin excited about that! I just need to call tomorrow to be able to take a look at the contract and take it from there =) FI is supposed to call the caterer tomorrow too.

Next up is the registry, taking measurements of the venue to figure out tables, and more DIY projects. I can't wait until it's warm out so I can start painting things! I live in a 1 bed room apartment to painting inside is a no. lol
  • Fun checks!

We sent out our STDs Friday so people should start getting them! We need to finalize our registry and just keep working through our DIY.

This weekend we put together our wedding webiste! Still needs some work but here's where we're at:

:)
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • Those are great checks! Its a great feeling to know that you're doing well budget wise lol 

Right now I am trying to figure some of the music stuff out and working on a few smaller details, to take a step back from some of the bigger stuff for a bit. 

This weekend I ordered the stuff to make some cute little bouquet charms. I am putting one on each bouquet. For each bridesmaid I ordered 2 charms, one with their name on it and then one that reflects their personality in some way, shape or form. 
  • Sun--visited your website, it looks great! I didn't realize how close you were to us... I have been to your venue many times. Where in the museum is your ceremony being held, ther's so many cool places it could be!
  • Ooooo you sound much more organized than I am and I've been planning for an eternity!
  • Eek: We almost booked there! I was really interested in the Excellence hotels. :) We ended up going with Caves Branch in Belize. It's super outdoorsy, as it's in the center of a jungle. Haha.

Bridalmomma: I LOVE the museum. We had originally thought of doing it outside in front of the fountain but then I had to tack on the cost of chairs, and there would be people walking around. Sooo we are using two of their dining rooms off of the rotunda. :)

Hunters: Scarbble pillows? I'm intrigued!

Thanks ladies- it sounds like a lot of us are around the same point. That relieves me sooo much!

Dead: Haha, I feel really unorganized in terms of vendors. I'm all over the place. XD
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards