Catholic Weddings
Options

baptism

our daughter is being baptized next month and my dh and i were wondering if we were supposed to buy gifts for her godparents? we are having a small party after the mass and we will also be taking them to dinner. should we be doing more. 
thanks for your input
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: baptism

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_baptism-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:7dd9a744-1de1-4058-b268-46ddc8fcb376Post:2094296d-a7b5-40da-9d38-c0b7e4731ff6">baptism</a>:
    [QUOTE]our daughter is being baptized next month and my dh and i were wondering if we were supposed to buy gifts for her godparents? we are having a small party after the mass and we will also be taking them to dinner. should we be doing more.  thanks for your input
    Posted by RoxysMama[/QUOTE]

We didn't buy gifts for the godparents although this could be something I was uninformed about.  We did invite them to the reception after.

I'm interested to see what other replies will be.
  • Options
    Its far more common for the godparents to get the child a gift, but even then its not usually a "thing". Relax and enjoy the day!

If you are set on getting them a token, a picture from the day of them with the wee one would be a lovely reminder. Perhaps in a cute frame with a thank you card from you all.
  • Options
    I've got lots of nieces & nephews...  and am godmother to two of them.  I don't think I received a gift the day of their baptisms-  but I did always get a special picture (ie larger than the typical wallet sized school picture).  We also exchanged more special gifts on birthdays & at Christmas (I always give them books in addition to whatever I get the rest of their cousins/siblings) & there definitely is a special bond with those two!  
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards