New York-Western
Options

Rochester Bridal Stores

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any input on bridal stores in Rochester.  I live in Buffalo, but I have already been to Alfred Angelo and Bella You while visiting Rochester.  I am going back to Bella You in a couple weeks, but I want to make another appointment somewhere else to make the trip worthwhile. 

I have heard good things about Jacqulines and Enchanted Evening from reading other posts. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rochester Bridal Stores

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I liked Enchanted Evening. Great service and nice selection. I didn't love Jacquelines. The dressing rooms were tiny and the woman really didn't take the time to understand what I wanted. I tried on 3 dresses and was told "I don't think you'll find anything here" and was sent on my way. They barely gave me the time of day. I got my dress from Peggy's which, at the time, had great service and was a beautiful shop. Unfortunately, my experience dealing with them in the last month or 2 has been awful. I was lied to, promised things that couldn't happen, and then basically called a liar myself. Maybe everyone's experience there wasn't so bad but I couldn't recommend it in good conscience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wasnt a big fan of Peggys, but I am using Bridal Belle, which I really like.
    Vacation Anniversary
  • Options
    awes14awes14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like One Enchanted Evening. They were really nice and helpful. They let you pick out 7 dresses that you want to try on, and then they pick more for you based on what you liked. I found a dress that I liked that I will mostly likely go back there for.

I went to Bridal Belle in Henrietta and wasn't too impressed. The dresses are in the back where you can't see them. They just bring dresses to you that they think you'll like. The girl who was assigned to me didn't really understand what  I wanted and just keep bringing in the same type of dress.

I went to Blushing Bride yesterday in Brockport. The woman (who I think was the owner) was really nice and accomadating. the dresses are all out for you to see and browse through. The only problem I ran into is that the dresses were all small sizes and I couldn't try on. She just held them up to me and was really pushing me to buy one because she though it would look good in my size. I can't imagine buying a wedding dress without actually trying it on!  Other than that I would recommend them.

Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    michellep1michellep1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a similar experience to awes.  One Enchanted Evening was great, I would have loved to buy my dress there if they had what I was looking for.  My sister bought a prom dress there and they were so accomodating throughout the whole process; they really have great service the whole way through.

I also went to Bridal Belle and was frustrated that the dresses were in the back, but my consultant brought dresses very in-line with my vision, so I was very pleased with my experience.  It was my first time trying on dresses though, so I wasn't ready to buy yet and was still refining my vision.

I ended up buying from Blushing Bride in Brockport.  The woman was great and very helpful with setting me up with veils, hairpieces, etc, to really give me the overall look.  My decision to buy had less to do with the salon and more to do with the dress I wanted.  The only thing that made me a little mad there was that they didn't list all their designers on their website, which I didn't realize until I got to the salon and saw dresses that I knew belonged to designers not listed on their site.

I had a bad experience at Heart to Heart in Webster.  The consultant was basically not even a consultant, she didn't help out at all.  They had a total of about 35 dresses in the store, so there was barely anything to try on anyway.  I didn't like one dress they had, I only stayed to try some on to please my grandmother.  Down the street from them, we found Tony's Bridal which was a totally different experience.  The woman not only listened to exactly what I wanted and helped me to find dresses in her store, she showed me catalogs from designers and what she planned on ordering for the next season.  I've also heard terrible things about Peggy's, I would NEVER recommend it to anyone based off this.

Good luck!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've only heard good things about Peggy's. I know two brides who have shopped there recently and liked it. One girl bought her dress there. It was a sample. I haven't been there myself, but my good friend was the MOH for both brides and she keeps telling me it's the best shop to go to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't get me wrong, Peggy's had great service initially but they initially "promised" that my dress would be in at the end of April. It's now June 7 and I have no dress. I was then told that they never said that even though my entire family heard it. I then called the first week of May to check on it and was told "the company is running behind schedule but we pressured them to get it in at the end of May."  I call the last week of May and was told that I never called before and that it was always a June 15th ship date. Really? Why wasn't I informed of this when I ordered the dress or when I called in May? And, really, a June 15th ship date for my July 15th wedding? It's been nothing but a hassle and they won't do anything to fix the situation.

Anyways, enough ranting... This is why I can't in good conscience recommend Peggy's to any bride. I just wouldn't want anyone to go through this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I am a little late here too.... I visited almost every bridal store in Rochester during my marathon dress hunt day back in October.  The two that stuck out (and not in a good way) were Peggy's and Jacqueline's... both very snotty and rude- Peggy's on the phone (didn't even bother going in b/c they were so snippy) and Jacqueline's in the store... I left before trying on anything.  Both had a terrible "I'm better than you" attitude and prices that made me nauseous.  ick.  There are waaaay better stores out there with friendlier staff, prettier dresses and more reasonable prices.  I wouldn't waste my time.

Bella You was also quite snippy and didn't want me to try on any dress unless I was certain it was "the one" then scoffed at me when I said I had already tried on at least a hundred dresses. 

Bridal Belle was very sweet and helpful although like PP said, all of their dresses are in the back somewhere out of sight and the consultant brings them in for you.  When I went, several of the dresses she brought in were spot on with what I was looking for, but I like to browse through the racks, so it was a little odd to me.

I have heard negative things about the Webster Heart to Heart, but my favorite bridal store overall was the Manchester Heart to Heart.... they were so unbelieveably accommodating and (huge bonus) include alterations in the price of the gown.  Definitely recommend them.

If you are up for a trip to Syracuse, NY Bride has the largest selection out of any store I visited and their staff is very knowledgable.

Good luck!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    apaadzzzzapaadzzzz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am late too but thought I'd mention it since no one else did.... I bought my dress at Susan Deborah Bridal. They have amazing dresses, and my seamstress is unbelievable. She is a total perfectionist and insisted on fixing/redoing things she wasn't happy with.

I went there bc I was partial o Priscilla of Boston, and they were the only local shop that carried them. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am in in the middle of a nightmare with them - they made an error on the dress order for one of my attendents, and blamed her for it. Now, just four weeks before my wedding we are missing a dress, she can't gaurentee that it will be here in time and then "offered" to do the alterations for her the day before the wedding for $45!!!

The owner of the shop also specifically told my attendent repeatedly not to tell me what was going on. 

As soon as this is all cleared up, I will be posting the entire story, but until then, avoid them at all costs. It's not worth the stress and headache.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards