Not Engaged Yet
Options

Proud of myself...what about you?

Hey ladies!!

I know I've been MIA for a while. Life has been crazy ridiculous lately. It seems to be calming down a bit, so that's nice.

I had an epiphany today, regarding group projects.

I'm in this marketing class, and was assigned to a five person group, the other four been guys. Without wanting to, I somehow managed to get out in charge. Well two weeks ago, we sat down, and wrote out the outline for the paper. Four-five pages, double spaced. Easy peasy.

Last week, they were all supposed to have their sections done, and emailed to me by three pm on Wednesday, so I could format it properly, put them all together and print copies for everyone so we could proofread.

One person did. I sent several messages, to no avail. So, I went the next day and sent out an email to everyone letting them know I wasn't going to put in all the work for them to get credit.

For once, I stood by it. I tend to wuss out on stuff like this, because I don't like seeing people fail, but this pissed me off. The paper is due tomorrow, and out of four sections, I've written three. So, I emailed the professor, and the I participating students are getting zeros. I feel bad, but at the same time, I know I wrote a d@mn good paper.

What have you done recently that you are proud of?

Re: Proud of myself...what about you?

• Options
    That's awesome Irish! I used to do that when we had group projects. We always got to review our peers job and I always made sure to let the prof know if my group hadn't contributed. 

I'm super proud of my graphics work I've been doing the last two days. If you're fb friends with me, it's my cover photo promoting a trip we're going on in November. I'm getting excited. It's Hunger Games theme, so if you have any suggestions about stuff we can do, let me know. I'm thinking about having a way for students to send "gifts" back and forth to one another with a note attatched. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    Drew, I saw that!! I thought it looked awesome!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_proud-of-myselfwhat-about-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2779fb0d-7ce5-4d9f-9751-c89dc05351e5Post:a5b6da20-65c0-40f3-89d0-0a5d1cb2a7c4">Re: Proud of myself...what about you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's awesome Irish! I used to do that when we had group projects. We always got to review our peers job and I always made sure to let the prof know if my group hadn't contributed.  I'm super proud of my graphics work I've been doing the last two days. If you're fb friends with me, it's my cover photo promoting a trip we're going on in November. I'm getting excited. It's Hunger Games theme, so if you have any suggestions about stuff we can do, let me know. I'm thinking about having a way for students to send "gifts" back and forth to one another with a note attatched. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>That sounds like so much fun!  I want to go on the trip.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm really proud of myself for volunteering at the food bank today, rather than sitting around on the computer.  Even if I didn't really meet anyone interesting, it still felt good to get out there and involve myself in the community.  </div>
  • Options
    audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_proud-of-myselfwhat-about-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2779fb0d-7ce5-4d9f-9751-c89dc05351e5Post:d342dbcc-b975-4080-9471-71725edd1169">Re: Proud of myself...what about you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proud of myself...what about you? : That sounds like so much fun!  I want to go on the trip. I'm really proud of myself for volunteering at the food bank today, rather than sitting around on the computer.  Even if I didn't really meet anyone interesting, it still felt good to get out there and involve myself in the community.  
    Posted by alleycat821[/QUOTE]

<div>It's for real one of my favorite trips we go on. Although our mission trip to Costa Rica next year may beat it. But it'll be close. </div><div>
    </div><div>I looove volunteering at our food bank! I take my students pretty often and they enjoy it every time. </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Thanks Irish! It took me two days, so I'm sooo thoroughly proud of it. I was joking with Bri that I should just stop working today because I finished the graphic. </div>

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_proud-of-myselfwhat-about-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2779fb0d-7ce5-4d9f-9751-c89dc05351e5Post:369d7703-5489-4091-a34a-c5d4da56e760">Re: Proud of myself...what about you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proud of myself...what about you? : It's for real one of my favorite trips we go on. Although our mission trip to Costa Rica next year may beat it. But it'll be close.  I looove volunteering at our food bank! I take my students pretty often and they enjoy it every time.  ETA: Thanks Irish! It took me two days, so I'm sooo thoroughly proud of it. I was joking with Bri that I should just stop working today because I finished the graphic. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

<div>I was just intrigued by the HG theme.  What do you do/where do you go?  Or is that too personal for a public forum?  </div><div>
    </div><div>I love volunteering, but everyone else there today couldn't believe I was there on my own free will (ie not court mandated community service.)  It made me really sad that no one actually wants to volunteer.  I think it might be different on the weekends though, since most people with normal jobs work from 1-4 on Tuesdays.  Haha.  </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_proud-of-myselfwhat-about-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2779fb0d-7ce5-4d9f-9751-c89dc05351e5Post:38825691-ab21-476d-85ba-ca32039aec61">Re: Proud of myself...what about you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proud of myself...what about you? : I was just intrigued by the HG theme.  What do you do/where do you go?  Or is that too personal for a public forum?   I love volunteering, but everyone else there today couldn't believe I was there on my own free will (ie not court mandated community service.)  It made me really sad that no one actually wants to volunteer.  I think it might be different on the weekends though, since most people with normal jobs work from 1-4 on Tuesdays.  Haha.  
    Posted by alleycat821[/QUOTE]

<div>I take my 6-12 graders about an hour and a half outside of the city and we stay in cabins with real mattresses and stuff. Lol. We have our own worship services and small groups all weekend long and Saturday we get to do high ropes (zip line, pamper pole) and make smores. I love this trip because I just get to hang out with all my kids all weekend long. And FI is going to come this time (I hope). </div><div>
    </div><div>I know at our FB, they're only open M-F, which is a new change. It makes it really really hard to get out there and I know some of the families in my youth group weren't too happy about the change. Trying to make it during the week is hard and our FB is techinically in another town. </div>

• Options
    Good for you! I probably would have wussed out, but that's great that you stood your ground. You shouldn't be punished when you gave them plenty of notice.

Mine was at work today. I handle discharging patients that have IV or enteral needs (like IV meds, care, or tube feeding). Once a patient goes into the hospital we require new orders to resume the previous care we were providing. I gave the referral source plenty of time to get with the case manager on the floor to obtain new orders and I finally put my foot down. I told her the orders read supplies only and the patient would be switched over to that and wouldn't receive their enteral formula. Its REALLY hard to do because patient care is huge to me, but we get walked over all the time and end up having to do things that we aren't supposed to because people down the chain can't get their crap together. People don't realize that even though we are a homecare pharmacy, we work the same as a normal pharmacy. I'm sure most of this doesn't make sense to everyone else, but I was pretty darn proud of myself!
  • Options
    Irish I'm proud of you for that. We did a lot of group work in grad school (& it was the same group through the entire program) and we had on guy in our group slacking off, we went to the assistant director of our program, because it was an issue in several classes.  It was a hard choice but in the end it helped and created a much better group dynamic.

Last week I cooked ground beef for the BF, last night a frozen hamburger, and Thursday I'm cooking a shrimp dish for him.  I'm also proud tomorrow BF & I hit 3 years!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    I saw some of the graphic work you were working on Drew & I loved it

Anniversary

• Options
    That's awesome Irish!  I did something like that my freshman year of college, and to this day I swear I didn't make it through rush the following semester because the girl in my group who already was a sorority sister and didn't contribute failed the class because I told the prof.  Dumb ho.

I ran hard today.  And rocked the shite out of it.  
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I finished knitting my first scarf today, and learned a new pattern to start another one. So I'm pretty proud about that!

I only finished it so fast because I've been sick all weekend, and literally have been watching HP and Game of Thrones while knitting the whole day.  For a couple days.  It has been wonderful, and now that I have a 10 day work week ahead of me, I'm wishing it wasn't over.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am lame and have nothing!

Awesome for what everyone else accomplished.

Irish-I had to do that with my very last class. It was called IP Business Plan. We had to actually make a fake company, come up with a bussiness plan and try to convince a panel of "fake bankers" to give us a loan. Most groups were 2 people but we had one extra girl and let her be in our group. Myself and one other girl basically did all the work. This other girl had one task and that was because she was the one that knew how to do the excel sheet since she has worked with business plans at her job. She didn't end up doing it, myself and the other girl did. I had to quit my bartending job just to work on the assignment. Lets just say the other girl and I got an A, the third got a C.

• Options
    Hell yea, Irish! I've never had the cajones to do that. You should be happy with yourself.

Just think, you're giving those slackers a valuable life lesson ;)
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Formerly alanna91.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards