Military Brides
Options

Facebook vent...

I have a Facebook vent.

A friend of mine is a "coach" for whatever company does PX90 and beach body. Basically its like avon for working out. Everyday freakin day is she promoting her "business" and giving tips for being healthy. She asks people, every day, to join her in getting healthy.

Seriously, 3 advertising posts so far today.

Here is an example:

New Year, New You! Who's with me?! I'm starting Brazilian Butt Lift on Jan. 1.
Let's keep each other on track, offer support, and wear our sore muscles and sweaty gym clothes like a badge of honor!

Curious about how you can join me on WOWY Supergym for free? Drop me a line here and I'll help you get set up to reach those goals!
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Facebook vent...

• Options
    For some reason, I couldn't add to my post after I copied and pasted... But for real guys, she has been posting that kind of message 3 times a day since Christmas.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That is soooo annoying. I have someone on my page that does the same. She has been blocked from my feed. Still my friend, though. LOL @ " Basically its like avon for working out."!!! That's too funny.

I'm going to start fill your feeds on adoption now. I would like to be the Avon of Adoptions... Wink

(I was going to write something that I thought would be funny, but in fear of offending anyone, I will refrain. SEE! I have a filter guys!)
  • Options
    I have a friend that does that through Scentsy. (Is that how it is spelled?) I am pretty sure it is an automatic status update because it would say things that I know she wouldn't say and a few of my other friends that are Scentsy sellers had the same statuses.

Anyway, It is a bit obnoxious, you can't love EVERY scent they have.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_facebook-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:a775652b-5ed0-4f84-812b-d83230f7267aPost:011165f8-a7f8-4e1f-b760-6a024b49ba10">Re: Facebook vent...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a friend that does that through Scentsy. (Is that how it is spelled?) I am pretty sure it is an automatic status update because it would say things that I know she wouldn't say and a few of my other friends that are Scentsy sellers had the same statuses. Anyway, It is a bit obnoxious, <strong>you can't love EVERY scent they have.
    </strong>Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

YES YOU CAN DAMMIT! Cause I do! Ha ha! No, but still, that would annoy me, too. But I do love me some Scentsy.
  • Options
    I mean, I get the people can use social media for whatever they want and it's my fault I'm friends with her but if I wanted beach body or Avon or Stella and dot or 31 gifts or whatever that's called, I'd go to the website and figure it out myself. My Facebook isn't a mall or a shopping website. I'm not on it looking to buy a product. Make sense?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    And I'm an asshole so evenif I WAS looking for beach bod stuff, I wouldn't go through her since she is clogging up my news feed.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_facebook-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:a775652b-5ed0-4f84-812b-d83230f7267aPost:632d27a3-ce76-49f1-9d60-62f1fd505e3a">Re: Facebook vent...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Facebook vent... : YES YOU CAN DAMMIT! Cause I do! Ha ha! No, but still, that would annoy me, too. But I do love me some Scentsy.
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

They do smell good, but my roommate bought one that I swore smelled like play-dough.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    A couple people I work with through Arbonne have been doing a bunch of status about the fit challenge. One girl does an Arbonne status like every other day. Like seriously knock it off.
  • Options
    you guys have heard me complain about FB many a time. I judge couples who are lovey dovey, all the time. I judge people who vaguebook. I judge people who update facebook everytime they have a fight/make up with their SO. I don't care when you are fighting. If you don't like him, break up with him, don't blast it on facebook. Grow the F up.

I judge people who only use songs for their statuses. I judge people who ONLY post about particular things whether its their significant other, children, or work.

I also hate when people post their list of the entire day. Like "today I have to go to work til 5, then maybe a pedicure, then dinner with the girls, and maybe a late night drink with the hubby <3<3<3 and then I have a laundry to do!"

Disclaimer: That status is totally made up, but i am so going to do that one of these days.
  • Options
    I'm thinking about selling Scentsy.  No one here sells it, so I think I may do pretty well... We're pretty saturated with Thirty-One bag sellers and I made the mistake of "Like"ing 31's page, and immediately like 41 independent consultants tried to friend me and I was like "WOAH!!! WTH ARE YOU?!"

My FB vent is also with My "BFF" whom I am currently taking a break from because she's driving me crazy.  Her H has been in the AF for right at a year, they dated for like 4 months before he left and got married by a JOP while he was on leave during (or after) tech school or something. She makes Martyr Wife posts all the time about how hard it is to be married to a man in the Military. SHE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING!! SHE DOESN'T WORK. SHE DOESN'T GO TO SCHOOL. All she does is cook and clean.  She also called me in a tizzy because her H asked her to start making some healthier foods (She's probably close to 300lbs and thinks a head of iceburg lettuce with a bottle of dressing is healthy). She's 22 and he's (this is my favorite part) 18.  REALLY?!?!  He's never even been away from home before the AF.  She gets mad because he wants to play video games, umm of course he does, he's a child.   Anyway, she constantly takes digs at H and our marriage (which I am the first to admit has gone through some rough patches, especially here recently), she told me that I was not on the ball this year in sending her Christmas Present (Because that's an incentive to send it out right?) and I had told her several times that I basically was short a pay check in November because Curves was closed on my days to work.  She was like "Well I got yours on Black Friday so that I knew it would get to you on time" I said "umm.. I was broke at the time, plus I'm a full time student and I work 2 jobs.  I don't exactly have all the free time in the world to go shopping and I'm trying to save money because we have to furnish an apartment in two months"(Squeeeeee!!!!)  So with the Martyr posts, the jabs at my marriage, and her brattiness over Christmas, I have to take a break from her..  She just drives me Crazy!!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_facebook-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a775652b-5ed0-4f84-812b-d83230f7267aPost:512bebe8-b53a-40a9-b9c9-3b3a91bac715">Re: Facebook vent...</a>:
    [QUOTE]you guys have heard me complain about FB many a time. I judge couples who are lovey dovey, all the time. I judge people who vaguebook. I judge people who update facebook everytime they have a fight/make up with their SO. I don't care when you are fighting. If you don't like him, break up with him, don't blast it on facebook. Grow the F up. I judge people who only use songs for their statuses. I judge people who ONLY post about particular things whether its their significant other, children, or work. I also hate when people post their list of the entire day. Like <strong>"today I have to go to work til 5, then maybe a pedicure, then dinner with the girls, and maybe a late night drink with the hubby <3<3<3 and then I have a laundry to do!</strong>" Disclaimer: That status is totally made up, but i am so going to do that one of these days.
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]

Are you going to defriend me?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sami-I don't think I've ever seen you do it? or if you do its not obnoxious enough for me to notice it :)

So either way, you're ok.

ETA: I just looked. You totally don't do what I'm describing. You don't include the pertinent details of when you are using the rest room, showering, washing dishes, taking the garbage out.
  • Options
    haha okay good! I would hate to lose you as a friend Frown
    Photobucket
  • Options
    FI's cousin started weight lifting for bikini competitions this past year.  Every single day she posts a picture of herself... more specifically a picture of a muscle group on her body.

She will also post which muscle group she is working on at the gym that.  It's a BACK day!!!!!!!!!!  or....LEG DAY!!!

Every. Day.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Hike- I work with a girl that is doing some shake thing and she posts all of the time stuff like that. FB confession- I defriended a girl because all she could do was bash USC and thought Clem-suck fans and team are the best and I got sick of it!
  • Options
    Hahaha.. Crown just today Some douche bags were going back and forth about Oregon and how the BCS system sucks.  Everyone's entitled to their opinion right? Yes.  Expect that they were posting this on something about the Military Bowl games!! I made a snarky comment back about it though..
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Sami- nice!!! I mean they need to check which board they are on. Haa
  • Options
    I am a rep for one of the companies mentioned (seeee I am NOT posting here for business purposes) and would NEVER ever think of posting anything, let alone daily, about why my friends should buy things from me!  SOOOOOO not professional and rude!  That would drive me insane too!

I have defriended people for posting ONLY about their kids.  "Charlie is eating breakfast...here's a pic!"  "Maggie has gas and it is sooo cute"  Seriously?!  Your kids are only impressive to YOU, and I don't wanna hear about their gas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest "I'm thinking balls are to men what purses are to women. It's just a little bag, but we feel naked in public without it." -Carrie ~ Sex and the City
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_facebook-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:a775652b-5ed0-4f84-812b-d83230f7267aPost:5c2fc561-8139-4a34-b479-43d3d1a617fa">Re: Facebook vent...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hike- I work with a girl that is doing some shake thing and she posts all of the time stuff like that. <strong>FB confession- I defriended a girl because all she could do was bash USC and thought Clem-suck fans and team are the best and I got sick of it!
    </strong>Posted by crownsuperstar[/QUOTE]

I did that to a "friend", all she did was post about how terrible OU fans are, and <em>people that go to school there are stupid.
    </em>
    I'm sorry, Talk all day long about how fantastic your school/football team is.. IDGAF, but bashing another education system is pretty uncalled for...and makes you look like an ignorant person.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_facebook-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a775652b-5ed0-4f84-812b-d83230f7267aPost:847fa3c9-0a2f-49db-8bf6-b85cdb71f443">Re: Facebook vent...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Facebook vent... : Are you going to defriend me?
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]
    You do NOT do that!!!
  • Options
    Ok also, Geeg (I've made up a new nickname for you, from Gg. Hope you don't mind. Its basically just phonetic of what I call you in my head. Anyway.) I'm totally copy and pasting that status you made up and plan to use it then tag you in it. 

But seriously, the spamming of the businesses is obnoxious. You know what ELSE is obnoxious?? My old karate sensei added me to a group he created called "close friends." How awkward IS THAT?!!! We're not even unclose friends. Gah. 
  • Options
    I have all of my MB friends as "close friends" but only because I like y'all much better than any of my other friends.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_facebook-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:a775652b-5ed0-4f84-812b-d83230f7267aPost:cdf70129-4c15-4e30-8918-6b28aea12928">Re: Facebook vent...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a rep for one of the companies mentioned (seeee I am NOT posting here for business purposes) and would NEVER ever think of posting anything, let alone daily, about why my friends should buy things from me!  SOOOOOO not professional and rude!  That would drive me insane too! I have defriended people for posting ONLY about their kids.  "Charlie is eating breakfast...here's a pic!"  "Maggie has gas and it is sooo cute"  Seriously?!  Your kids are only impressive to YOU, and I don't wanna hear about their gas!
    Posted by DarrahDoo[/QUOTE]
    Darrah, is it Scentsy?! Cause if it is, you should probably hook me up with freebies. Kaythanks. ;) JK!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards