Iowa-Des Moines

servers for reception?!?

Okay, I have kind of an odd request for advice.  Here is the scenario... for the reception we are having our meat provided for us by a local bbq place that is delivering it, then we are preparing the side dishes, so everything will be served buffet style.  We have people that will be refreshing food on the buffet line as needed.  However, we would like to hire a coulpe of people to serve water, tea, and coffee to the tables and also clear plates after dinner.  It would only be a couple of hours of work, but we definitely want to hire people to do this to enable things to run smoothly.  So, my question is: does anyone have any advice of where to find people to hire for this job?  I am at a loss so could really use some guidance... Thank you!

Re: servers for reception?!?

• edited December 2011
    We are having a friends niece and her friend keep our food filled and clear the dishes, etc. They are 13 but I know they can handle it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Well I'd say if the schools hadn't let out already you could contact the local HS. You could easily put an ad in the paper or craigslist looking for teens to work x number hours for x amount of pay.
  • edited December 2011
    how many people do you need and what day? i've done waitressing before and if its not my wedding day and im not at work i'l do and ill get ahold of my waitressing friends!
  • edited December 2011

It will probably be about 250 people.  The date is June 6, 2011.  Should just be really basic filling beverages and clearing plates so I would think only a couple of hours.  I'm not sure how many servers we would need or how much to pay... I just don't know what to think about the whole situation!  Let me know your opinion...
    Thanks!

• edited December 2011

ERROR!!!!!  The date is June 4, 2011.  holy cow, I just misspoke about my own wedding date ;)

• edited December 2011
    i would say you need at least three people there to serve beverages for a reception of 250. adn if its just going to be like lets say three hours your looking at about maybe 250 in price. and hey my wedding is may 13th 11 so if you need help i can work that out and make sure i have that day off! keep me posted
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards