Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Jason's Deli to cater the reception?

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on the site for a while (even before we got officially engaged a month ago Innocent).  This site has been such a wonderful resource that I thought i'd tap your collective knowledge.

We're getting married at the Belltower Chapel in FW next May.  We're envisioning an intimate (50 people), elegant, and yet low-key, Jazz brunch (OK, clearly I came up w/the description of what we want). 

I LOVE Jason's Deli's catered breakast (the pastries are gorgeous and meat eaters seem to love their breakfast tacos). I would like to use them but I don't want to lose the elegant thing that we're going for. So, i've been thinking of getting some beautiful serving trays to lay out the food and buying some really nice disposable plates. What do you guys think?  Thanks for any thoughts, comments, or suggestions!!

Re: Jason's Deli to cater the reception?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_jasons-deli-to-cater-the-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ddcec476-58e8-492f-b646-e78eb8a1d677Post:645ed626-7f24-4204-aa26-097ac31333e5">Jason's Deli to cater the reception?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone, I've been lurking on the site for a while (even before we got officially engaged a month ago ).  This site has been such a wonderful resource that I thought i'd tap your collective knowledge. We're getting married at the Belltower Chapel in FW next May.  We're envisioning an intimate (50 people), elegant, and yet low-key, Jazz brunch (OK, clearly I came up w/the description of what we want).  I LOVE Jason's Deli's catered breakast (the pastries are gorgeous and meat eaters seem to love their breakfast tacos). I would like to use them but I don't want to lose the elegant thing that we're going for. So, i've been thinking of getting some beautiful serving trays to lay out the food and buying some really nice disposable plates. What do you guys think?  Thanks for any thoughts, comments, or suggestions!!
    Posted by glespaul[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me! I mean, unless they work at Jason's, I can't imagine anyone would really notice, and even if they did I can't see why they'd care, unless you're inviting the Bass's or something.
  • Im getting married at the belltower in June!!! I love the idea of using Jasons deli, no one is going to notice 
    November Siggy: STD/Invite inspiration imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • As long as the food is good, plentiful and the presentation isn't a mess to look at, people will be pleased. Unless you tell them beforehand I bet they won't even know that the food is from Jason's Deli anyway.
  • I don't see why it matters that the food is from Jason's Deli anyway...a lot of people really like their food, it looks good, and if anyone has a problem they can go and get something afterwards. I really like the idea of more casual cuisine at weddings - how many have you been to where people don't touch the exotic foods? People like to be in their comfort zone, and the jazz brunch sounds lovely. Go with it. :)
  • So, i ended up going with Reata in FW b/c the logistics of doing Jason's Deli was too complicated and we decided we wanted a small elegant wedding. The caterer allowed us greater peace of mind w/not having to figure out plates, servers, and what not. (All of our family lives up north so can't rope some random cousin to serve at the wedding. LOL)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards