Ohio-Cleveland

Reception -Strongsville Brunswick area

I  am lookiing for a location that is beautiful & classy but not too expensive ($50/person or under). 

Maybe on a golf course or by a lake.  Any suggestions?  I live in San Francisco and only have a week in June at home to look at halls so I have to do everything online and narrow down where I want to visit. 
A wedding is a party, not a performance. If at the end of the day you are married to the one you love, then everything went perfectly.

Re: Reception -Strongsville Brunswick area

• edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at the Columbia Hills Country Club in Columbia Station.  It is outside of Strongsville and up the road a bit from Brunswick.  I'm having the ceremony in Brunswick and wanted a reception hall in decently close proximity.  I think it is going to be a beautiful wedding, so it might be a place to look into.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 228 invited
    image 165 have their party shoes image 63 will be staying home image0 haven't decided
    RSVP Date: September 19th
  • edited December 2011

That would be perfect, my fiance is from Columbia Station, we actually went on our second date sledding there.  Is it expensive?

A wedding is a party, not a performance. If at the end of the day you are married to the one you love, then everything went perfectly.
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not on a lake or golf course, but our reception was at the Belarusan American Community Center. It's gorgeous inside -- huge wooden dance floor, chandeliers, the whole bit. And, they only do one event at a time there. Price is HUGELY reasonable for what you get -- $32/pp and BYOB whatever you like. We really liked it. It's maybe not as well known as other halls in Strongsville, but definitely a hidden gem. If you'll be in the area, I'd say it's worth checking out at least. Also, their food is probably the best 'wedding' food I've tasted. That helped nudge our decision to have our party there. Good luck with whatever you decide!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • soontobemrs2soontobemrs2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Belarusian
  • edited December 2011
    The Country Club doesn't seem too bad...they just switched over from doing their own food to having a catering company do the food and wedding planning.  The company is A Taste of Excellence.  They have their menu online which has the pricing per plate.  We are meeting with them on April 8, so I will know more then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 228 invited
    image 165 have their party shoes image 63 will be staying home image0 haven't decided
    RSVP Date: September 19th
  • feadorr1feadorr1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mapleside Farm in Brunswick doesn't have a lake, but has a beautiful overlook of the apple orchid:

http://www.mapleside.com/entertainment.html

Sky View Lodge in Brunswick:

http://www.skyviewlodge.net/

I am originally from Strongsville and would strongly urge agaisnt using Michaud's Towne 'n' Country in Strongsville.  The place is old and out-dated.  There are mirrors are like every wall and the carpet looks like something my great-grandmother would have had in her home.  So not even worth your time to check out!
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my ceremony and reception at Skyview Lodge. The woman that's been helping us there is very nice and helpful.

I didn't really look into too many other places - I fell in love with the view outside and the whole place on the first visit.

feadorr - I didn't even think of Mapleside! They do have a beautiful overlook of the orchard. :)
    TTC #1 since November 2012

My Ovulation Chart

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am also having my reception at Columbia Hills country Club - the place is really nice and cozy - with great views of the golf course. A Taste of Excellence is the cater and is easy to work with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards